The versatile 21-year-old only joined Porto from Sao Paulo last summer, but has impressed considerably in his debut season in Europe.
Militao, who had been linked with Manchester United earlier this season, has agreed a long-term six-year contract with Los Blancos that promises to keep him at the Bernabeu until 2025. Militao was named as the best defender in the competition for five consecutive matches.
Zidane's return suggests that Madrid president Florentino Perez has given the Frenchman assurances that signings will be made this summer - assurances that he couldn't give back in May when Zidane stepped down from the job.
Real Madrid have signed centre-back Eder Militao from Portp on a six-year deal.
"His speed, positioning and anticipation are his greatest assets, while he is also strong in the air". He has also played regularly in the Champions League, helping Porto reach the quarter finals for the first time since 2015.
Militao only arrived in European football during the summer of 2018.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to have a 5G model
- Mafia boss shot dead outside home
- Ontario to ban cellphones from classrooms starting next school year
- Bloody Sunday: Derry awaits decision on 1972 killings
- 'King Leo' - Fans react to Lionel Messi's heroic performance
- US consumer prices cool in February
- Apple AirPods and Other Trendy Technologies may Cause Cancer, Warn Experts
- Where to find Pi Day deals around San Diego
- Ferrari in better shape than 2018: Vettel
- Anti-Brexit Britons hit Irish pub in Brussels to watch vote