"Spoke with Pakistani FM Qureshi to encourage meaningful steps against JeM and other terrorist groups operating from Pakistan", Mr. Bolton said in a tweet. "The FM assured me that Pakistan would deal firmly with all terrorists and will continue steps to de-escalate tensions with India".
In Islamabad, Pakistan's Foreign Office said the objective of Mr. Qureshi's call was to provide Mr. Bolton Pakistan's perspective on the "recent regional developments".
Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Wednesday said India is escalating tensions with Pakistan for the sake of its own domestic politics.
The Foreign Minister said that Prime Minister Imran Khan had released the captured Indian pilot Abhinandan as a goodwill gesture despite India's belligerent posture.
In an address at a think tank on Modi government's foreign policy, she said Pakistan was anxious that India would escalate the situation and she was contacted by a number of foreign ministers over it.
The German Foreign Minister welcomed Pakistan's efforts towards peace and stability in the region.
During the Gokhale-Pompeo talks in Washington on Monday, the USA official "affirmed that the United States stands with the people and government of India in the fight against terrorism", according to his Spokesperson Robert Palladino.
"They noted the strength of our partnership and discussed ways to further enhance cooperation, including on counter-terrorism", Palladino said.
"Both sides called on Pakistan to meaningfully address the concerns of the global community on terrorism, including cross-border terrorism", the statement said.
A Pakistan military officer admitted to "martyrdom" of more than 200 militants during Indian strike on Balakot, a Gilgit activist, based in the U.S., tweeted on Wednesday.
Both India and Pakistan have equipped their militaries with nuclear weapons since they last went to war in 1971, raising fears that a future conflict could escalate into a nuclear exchange.
He said that Pakistan was a peace-loving nation but if subjected to aggression by adversary, it would respond with full force.
- Lady Gaga Admits She's 'Pregnant' & Fans Are Freaking Out!
- Book claims Ivanka Trump told Cohn her father wasn't racist following Charlottesville
- Justin Houston released by Kansas City Chiefs
- BTS confirms latest album 'Map Of The Soul: Persona'
- Gov. Gavin Newsom Suspends Death Penalty In California
- Highland MP renews calls for a People's Vote on European Union membership
- Border Policewoman hurt in Jerusalem as tensions flare on Temple Mount
- 'Bomb Cyclone' Winter Storm Moving Across Central U.S.
- Labour leader Corbyn demands general election after PM May's Brexit defeat
- Bills, wide receiver John Brown agree to three-year deal