The preview then transitions to Captain America and the remaining Avengers mourning the losses from Thanos' snap back on Earth.
Avengers: Endgame arrives in United Kingdom cinemas on 25 April. What exactly that will entail is still up in the air, and if that is the case, it could include Steve Rogers getting his "retirement" with Peggy Carter (even though she went on to live a full life without Steve in current continuity).
Finally, a black and white glimpse of a jarringly-younger looking Thor back on Asgard from his 2011 origin film, his dad Odin still alive and his long blond hair still in place.
The new trailer of Avengers Endgame also starts with Tony Stark narrating how he fought out of that cave in the first Iron Man movie in 2008. In the present time, he is seen in a suit and Black Widow also standing with him. Thor's voice is heard stating that he saw all these people die.
"I keep telling everybody they should move on", a somber Captain America says in the dreary trailer. This means that Tony Stark will be saved from space. "I like this one", Thor tells the rest of the Avengers.
A point that is often discussed with the MCU is post-credits scenes and for Captain Marvel, this involved a cat that isn't all that it seems coughing up the Tesseract in humorous fashion.
The studio dropped the latest trailer for Avengers: Endgame on Thursday, and while it still looks like the end is nigh for our band of superheroes, Carol Danvers (Brie Larson) joining the squad gives fans a sliver of hope.
Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, Avengers: Endgame releases on April 26.
- Ontario to ban cellphones from classrooms starting next school year
- Gun-toting Federal Bureau of Investigation agents arrest actress Felicity Huffman over college admission scam
- China calls for ‘responsible discussions’ ahead of UNSC meet on JeM
- Facebook faces criminal investigation
- Massachusetts Court Reinstates Aaron Hernandez' Murder Conviction
- Apple AirPods and Other Trendy Technologies may Cause Cancer, Warn Experts
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 to have a 5G model
- NASA boss says first Martian 'likely to be a woman'
- Michael Cohen's attorney sends letter clarifying pardon testimony
- New Zealand prepares for major measles outbreak with free vaccinations