Calling "Gully Boy" stars Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan and Vicky Kaushal his friends, Modi said "many youngsters admire you" and "It is time to tell them: Apna Time Aa Gaya Hai and that it is time to turn up with high Josh to a voting centre near you". The party said discussions are still underway and the party is likely to release its second list on Friday. Both party president Rahul Gandhi and former party chief Sonia Gandhi were in the list and are continuing to contest from Amethi and Rae Bareli seats, respectively, in Uttar Pradesh.
Mr Shinde will contest from Solapur (SC) Lok Sabha seat, from where he has been a lawmaker on several occasions, while Mr Jaisawal will enter the electoral battle from his home turf of Kanpur. "Hurt" over Congress questioning the armed forces in the aftermath of Pulwama terror attack, Vadakkan joined BJP in the presence of Ravi Shankar Prasad.
The BSP has also tied up with different parties in Punjab and Haryana.
The seat sharing was hammered out at a meeting betweenCongress president Rahul Gandhi and JD (S) secretary generalDanish Ali at Kochi in Kerala this evening, party sources said. Gandhi's statement came after China, for the fourth time, blocked the move of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to designate JeM chief Masood Azhar as a terrorist. Adding that he needed to learn that foreign policy was not run on Twitter, Prasad said Gandhi must look at his party's history vis-à-vis China.
The 17th Lok Sabha election will take place in seven phases starting April 11 and will conclude on May 19.
Three special observers appointed by the EC will be in Srinagar on Thursday to assess the ground situation for holding assembly elections.
In UP, Mayawati's alliance with the SP in 1993 and Congress in 1996 was limited to the Assembly elections.
- India vs Australia 5th ODI
- Bloody Sunday: Derry awaits decision on 1972 killings
- Ferrari in better shape than 2018: Vettel
- Kim Jones Tells Emotional, Personal Story About Odell Beckham Jr
- Kane Williamson rushed to hospital for scans after shoulder injury
- Beto O’Rourke to Announce 2020 Presidential Bid
- Anti-Brexit Britons hit Irish pub in Brussels to watch vote
- UK PM May suffers blow ahead of big Brexit vote
- Spotify Takes On Apple’s Anti-Competitive Behavior in Europe
- Facebook faces criminal investigation