New Zealand then lost both openers with only eight runs on the board.
Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal Khan celebrates 50 runs during day three of the 2nd Test cricket match between New Zealand and Bangladesh at the Basin Reserve in Wellington on 10 March 2019.
The final test starts on Saturday in Christchurch, although New Zealand coach Gary Stead said they would be cautious with Williamson, who is likely to be replaced by the uncapped Will Young. His partnership with Williamson, who battled bravely to make 74 before being dismissed and leaving for the hospital, more than steadied the innings.
Ross Taylor whispered a prayer and an apology to the late Martin Crowe on Monday as he overtook his mentor's century tally during an exceptional innings of 200 that put New Zealand in a strong position in the second Test against Bangladesh. He, however, overcame the pain barrier to score his fiftieth half-century in Tests before being dismissed on 74 by Taijul Islam.
The first two days of the match were washed out.
On the morning of the match, New Zealand's largest Sunday newspaper ran a column denouncing his use of bodyline or leg theory as intimidatory and unsafe.
"It was sad that we dropped catches of someone, twice in the same over, who went to hit a double-hundred", he said.
The New Zealand board took to twitter to inform about the skipper's injury, "Injury update: Kane Williamson will not return to the field today as he rests his left shoulder ahead of further investigation (MRI scan) tomorrow morning".
"It's a pretty rare injury - they've only seen I think five in the world before".
Northern Districts wicketkeeper Peter Bocock, one of two substitute fielders for New Zealand, took the gloves in Watling's absence. They then received a lesson in seam bowling technique for Bangladesh's Abu Jayed who hit a ideal length, made the ball duck about and dismissed New Zealand openers Tom Latham for 4 and Jeet Raval for 3.
- Verizon's 5G mobile service launches next month in Chicago and Minneapolis
- Sega Halts Sales of Judgement in Japan Following Actor's Cocaine Arrest
- Google Chrome gets two important tweaks for speed and data saving
- "Stock sells out after son's 'sad doughnut owner" tweet
- Three flights canceled by FAA order to ground Boeing's 737 MAX planes
- United Nations probing North Korea sanction violations in 20 countries
- Massachusetts Court Reinstates Aaron Hernandez' Murder Conviction
- Apple AirPods and Other Trendy Technologies may Cause Cancer, Warn Experts
- Ferrari in better shape than 2018: Vettel
- Mafia boss shot dead outside home