Kohli, whose team won an ODI series in Australia then hammered the Black Caps 4-1 in New Zealand to stamp their cup favouritism alongside England, believed there were no standouts ahead of the United Kingdom tournament starting on May 30.
The trio was banned for their part in the so-called sandpaper scandal during the third test against South Africa in Cape Town a year ago, while Darren Lehmann quit as coach in the wake of a Cricket Australia investigation.
Through the course of the five games, Yadav registered his highest bowling average in a series with min 3 ODIs.
It is only the fifth instance that a team has won a series after being down 0-2. Unapologetically passionate about indie music and the South Australian Redbacks, Daniel's chief cricketing achievement was to dismiss Wisden Almanack editor Lawrence Booth in the 2010 Ashes press match in Perth - a rare Australian victory that summer.
After a long lean period for Australia, the performance has come at just the right time with the World Cup around the corner. "Even winning the series in India is huge".
"It's awesome how a sporting field can be starvation or feast and it's been starvation for Cricket Australia", Hayden said in commentary.
This was India's final ODI before the 2019 World Cup. People have written us off for quite a while now. Former Aussie Test seamer Trent Copeland wrote on Twitter: "Seriously incredible result from 2-0 down away from home".
"We always seem to peak around the World Cup".
Australia claims historic one-day international series win in India
Khawaja scored 100 in Australia's total of 272-9.
None more so than man of the series Khawaja.
His huge tally was enough to earn him both the man of the match and man of the series awards.
"It's huge", Khawaja said of the comeback.
"There's obviously a few guys to come back as well. It's never easy to beat India at home so very excited". Peter Handscomb also followed his hundred in Mohali with 52 off 60 balls, as the duo put on 99 runs for the second wicket.
But when Khawaja and Maxwell fell to nearly identical dismissals - caught at cover by Virat Kohli - and Handscomb followed close behind, the momentum stalled with Australia dropping to 7/229 in the 46th over. Marcus Stoinis, returning from a thumb injury, contributed 20 and Jhye Richardson made a breezy 29 down the order. Bhuvneshwar Kumar claimed three wickets while fellow paceman Mohammed Shami and Ravindra Jadeja took two each.
Rohit Sharma, labouring his way to 56 off 89 balls, saw four of his teammates succumb to Australian bowlers' discipline, before he himself lost focus dancing down the track to Zampa, only to lose his wicket and his bat in the process.
Cummins was part of Australia's triumphant 2015 World Cup squad but only played two games during that tournament.
- Book claims Ivanka Trump told Cohn her father wasn't racist following Charlottesville
- Nancy Pelosi takes Trump impeachment off the table: ‘He ‘isn’t worth it’
- Android Q wants you to see the notch everywhere, even in screenshots
- Google Chrome gets two important tweaks for speed and data saving
- Jose Canseco wants ex-wife Jessica, Alex Rodriguez to take polygraph
- New study shows eye scan can reveal changes associated with Alzheimer's disease
- Massachusetts Court Reinstates Aaron Hernandez' Murder Conviction
- United Nations probing North Korea sanction violations in 20 countries
- 'Bomb Cyclone' Winter Storm Moving Across Central U.S.
- New Zealand prepares for major measles outbreak with free vaccinations