A student reacts in front of the Raul Brasil school after a shooting in Suzano, Sao Paulo state, Brazil March 13, 2019.
At least eight people were killed in a school shooting in Brazil's Sao Paulo state, local media report, citing police.
Doria said the dead included two teachers and six students, and several more people had been hospitalized after sustaining injuries.
He said it was not yet known whether the assailants were former pupils at the school.
Monteiro opened fire with a.38 calibre handgun and de Castro used a crossbow, de Campos said, adding that forensics would determine how the victims died. "It is the saddest thing I have seen in my life".
A soldier of the military police battalion and his dog take part in an instructional exercise with officers of an elite unit of the French police, who is responsible for anti-terrorist actions in France, at Terminal 1 of the Tom Jobim International Airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 25, 2016.
"My friend was stabbed in the shoulder and my other friend was shot", she said.
"Then a lot of kids started running out, all screaming", he said. "I only left when the police arrived", teacher Sandra Perez told O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper (in Portuguese).
Latin America's largest nation has the largest number of annual homicides in the world, but school shootings are rare.
The attackers appeared to be in their early to mid-20s, and authorities don't believe they were former students, the governor said. Soon after his January 1 being inauguration, Bolsonaro issued a decree making it easier to buy a gun.
It's not the first mass school shooting in Brazil's history.
Sen. Major Olimpio, a member of Bolsonaro's party and a proponent of loosening gun legislation, again made that argument hours after Wednesday's rampage.
- Google Allo shuts down today. Here's how to save your chats
- BTS confirms latest album 'Map Of The Soul: Persona'
- Molinari surges to win Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Highland MP renews calls for a People's Vote on European Union membership
- Labour leader Corbyn demands general election after PM May's Brexit defeat
- Bills, wide receiver John Brown agree to three-year deal
- Pound falls sharply on legal advice over May's 'new' Brexit deal
- Rami Returns? A ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Sequel Might Be in the Works
- Chiefs agree to trade Dee Ford to 49ers for a bargain price
- Felicity Huffman Released On $250000 Bail In College Admissions Probe