Apple acquired the digital magazine app Texture previous year, which enables you to read a huge number of publications for a single monthly fee, a bit like a music streaming service.
Apple has announced that its next special event will take on 25 March.
"We will participate in the original content world", Cook said while discussing Apple's plans for video content including a partnership with Oprah Winfrey. Apple is in talks with HBO, Showtime, and Starz, and all three are expected to join Apple's service eventually.
The company has not given any details on the products that would be launched during the event. This year, Apple is expected to unveil the iPad (7th-generation) that will retain the conventional headphone jack and Touch ID.
The event, which will begin at 10 a.m. PST, features the tagline "It's Show Time", and suggests that the event will focus on services rather than hardware, such as the rumored Apple News service and a streaming TV service.
The Wall Street analyst believes that since Apple is late to the streaming video market, it will need to ramp up its spending on content to compete with the likes of Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. However, the partnership does not seem to be going smoothly as the report mentions that publishers are not happy with Apple's 50 per cent revenue cut from the service, making them hesitant to finalise the deal.
- Ethiopian Airline crash: Families of victims visit crash site
- New York's Attorney General to Investigate Trump's Business
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Arsenal defeat 'lowest' point as Manchester United manager
- Google Allo shuts down today. Here's how to save your chats
- Felicity Huffman Released On $250000 Bail In College Admissions Probe
- Packers still in the mix for RB Mark Ingram
- Australia beat India by 4 wickets in 4th ODI
- BTS confirms latest album 'Map Of The Soul: Persona'
- Some schools will allow students to strike for climate change
- Chiefs agree to trade Dee Ford to 49ers for a bargain price