If Andrew Bogut passes successfully through a clearing process expected to last about two days, the big man will be reunited for the rest of the 2018-19 National Basketball Association season with the Golden State Warriors. He earned not only league MVP honors but was also named the NBL Defensive Player of the Year.
Andrew Bogut says he doesn't mind if he'll just end up "waving the towel" in the Warriors bench.
Bogut is expected to hold a press conference soon with the Sydney Kings to officially announce his move.
The Warriors are reportedly set to sign Bogut to a short-term contract, once he receives a letter of clearance from his current team.
With a month to go in the regular season before the play-offs start the Warriors are favourites to win their fourth title in five years.
Melbourne-born Bogut played in 30 games with the Kings, averaging 11.4 points, a league-high 11.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.7 blocks.
Golden State has had an open roster spot all season and with Damian Jones lost for the season with a torn left pectoral muscle made a decision to add more depth at center.
On Tuesday, reporters asked Steph Curry at the team's shootaround about the possibility of Bogut rejoining the team. The Warriors recently sent assistant general manager Larry Harris, who drafted Bogut No. 1 overall in 2005 as GM of the Bucks, to Australia to watch him play in person. "Whatever role that means, he's ready to accept and take on the challenge and we're excited to have him". He knows our system.
"I'm not silly, I know I'm older, but there's going to be situations where maybe DeMarcus [Cousins] gets into foul trouble, whether there's a D that's a little bit stronger, where they need some minutes, and times when I won't play and that's not an issue for me". He knows how we do things around here.
Warriors officials are hoping Bogut's defensive presence can sure up an ailing off-ball Warriors side that is faltering defensively, now ranked 16th in the league.
- SpaceX: Crew Dragon's test flight in graphics
- Premier League join UEFA FIFA Football Association in investigating Manchester City
- Paul Merson states his prediction for Liverpool FC v Burnley
- Venezuela plunges into darkness amidst widespread outage
- Jose Mourinho 'To Be Back At Real Madrid Within Days'
- Britain to grant jailed UK-Iranian mother 'diplomatic protection'
- Grading the Olivier Vernon trade for Cleveland Browns, New York Giants
- Kelly released from jail after payment made
- When will Bryce Harper play for the Phillies in spring training?
- Inside videos of Akash Ambani-Shloka Mehta`s extravagant wedding venue out