Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has explained his reluctance to play Ruben Loftus-Cheek, insisting the midfielder's recent back problem means he is not fit enough to play a full game. You can lose (sight of) the target.
"When you are 18, the target is to improve, mentally, tactically and physically".
"So, it's risky for him".
There is clearly a thirst from Blues' fans to see their young prospect play more football, after all they've barely seen an academy player break through to become a first team regular since John Terry, and during a time when their form hasn't been great.
"Now I think we need to improve without the pressure of the media, without the pressure of the fans, without the pressure of the club. I don't like to speak about him for this reason".
Hudson-Odoi handed in a transfer request in January amid offers from Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
Christensen got a rare start in defence alongside David Luiz in the Europa League but Antonio Rudiger will return back to the first XI vs Wolves this weekend. "He needs to improve until he's 22 or 23", Sarri told a news conference.
But with a place in the competition available for the victor of the Europa League as well, boss Maurizio Sarri has another option available to him should they fail in the Premier League. "I think in England he is the only player born in 2000 with 16 matches at the top level".
In the attack, Callum Hudson-Odoi could start on the right wing with Willian on the left while Olivier Giroud should lead the line. We had a long period of good results in the past and then, suddenly, two weeks of disaster.
Chelsea FC are in sixth place in the Premier League table but have played one game less than Manchester United and Arsenal.
- NFL Player David Irving Quits Over League’s Marijuana Policy
- Civilians Stream Out of Last IS Enclave Before Final Assault
- Bird collision crashes Indian jet near Pakistan border
- Google "Bolo" App for India releases on Google Play Store
- Movie Characters Who Were Perfectly Cast (The Second Time)
- Giants 'laughed' at Browns' trade offer for Odell Beckham Jr
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e launch today at T
- Jan-Michael Vincent, star of 'Airwolf,' dead at 73
- Second HIV Patient May Be Cured After Transplant
- Five things Canada learned at the justice committee from Butts, Drouin