Al-Jubeir's visit comes just weeks after the conclusion of the crown prince's own trip to the region, which began with a two-day visit to Pakistan in February, where he held talks with Khan, before flying to India for discussions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prime Minister Imran Khan also thanked the crown prince after Saudi Arabia released 2,107 Pakistani prisoners, and increased its annual Hajj quota to 200,000 pilgrims, stating he had "won the hearts of Pakistani people with his generous offer".
Pakistan has repeatedly called for India to deescalate the situation and come sit at the negotiation table instead of engaging in more aggression.
The minister is expected to discuss the regional situation following mounting tension between Pakistan and India over the past two weeks after the Pulwama terror attack on February 14, the report said.
The visit is crucial because the Saudi official is expected to visit India as well for detente between the two countries that came to a brink of war following a suicide vehicle bombing that killed at least 40 Indian paramilitary police in Indian-occupied Kashmir. The next day, Pakistan Air Force retaliated and downed a MiG-21 in aerial combat and captured its pilot Abhinandan Varthaman, who was handed over to India on March 1. A statement issued by the Chinese foreign ministry also stated that Beijing and Islamabad are "all weather" strategic partners and that they always supported each other, Reuters said.
The JeM claimed responsibility for the Pulwama attack. There have been reports that China, which has consistently ruined India's effort to get Azhar named a global terrorist, was mulling a change in its stance amid worldwide outcry for stricter action against terror outfits. "We gave a befitting response to India when it was required", he added.
Ahead of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) deadline for countries to raise objections against a proposal to term Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar as a "global terrorist", China Friday termed Pakistan it's "iron brother" and said it welcomed de-escalation of tensions between India and Pakistan.
- Man Denied New Trial for Murder Case from 'Serial' Podcast
- Maurizio Sarri says Kepa incident impacted Champions League ambitions
- Paul Merson states his prediction for Liverpool FC v Burnley
- Search Jobs with Jooble
- Trump claims Cohen ‘directly’ asked for a pardon
- NFL Player David Irving Quits Over League’s Marijuana Policy
- Kelly Now Being Investigated In Detroit Over New Underage Sex Claim
- Battle against Ebola in Congo being lost amid militarised response, MSF says
- Nirav Modi spotted in London, continuing diamond business, says British daily
- Full Meghan Markle International Women's Day panel