Clary even claimed that her parents encouraged her to make sexual videos with Kelly while she was still 17, so that they would have footage to blackmail him in the future. He said he met Clary, 21, at one of his concerts when she was 17.
"I thought, if I just sit there quietly, looking at him, he would know I'm not going anywhere and I'll just wait for you to finish whatever this is and then you'll sit back down in the seat".
"My dad and my mom, they started to send threats to me and [Kelly]", Clary said.
Clary and Savage, though, maintain that their parents are lying as a means to extort money from Kelly - a charge their parents vehemently deny. The woman, who is now 30 years old, claims Kelly also gave her herpes when she would regularly visit him in Atlanta.
"I didn't do this stuff, this isn't me", Kelly said, before taking to his feet in a theatrical, and at times unintelligible, plea.
In the statement, Griggs also mentioned that Kelly was also in the room during Clary and Savage's interview with Gayle King.
"If you really look at that documentary, which I'm sure you have... everybody says something bad about me". "You guys are believing in some fucking facade that our parents are saying". "This is all f***ing lies for money, and if you can't see that, you're ignorant and you're stupid as f***, because you want to be". The singer has denied wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty. "We have never asked R. Kelly for money", the statement said.
As part of the current case, prosecutors have described a witness who had access to videotapes showing Kelly having sex with a 14-year-old girl.
Kelly's return to Cook County Jail comes almost two weeks after he surrendered himself to authorities after being charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. He claimed that "people have been stealing my money" after it emerged he was unable to pay $100,000 in bail money. "Negativity sells, gossip is what sells, rumors are what sell".
"We have never received a penny from R. Kelly".
CBS released the interview with the two women after airing an emotional sit-down with Kelly himself, his first public comments since the indictment against him.
"Because I was so exhausted of not knowing where my money was, where my publishing was", he continued.
Kelly said those lies include that he's holding women against their will and that he has a "cult".
"Azriel Clary is presently suffering from years of mental abuse and manipulation by R. Kelly".
- Movie Characters Who Were Perfectly Cast (The Second Time)
- Jussie Smollett Indicted on Multiple Counts in Relation to Alleged Attack
- Maurizio Sarri says Kepa incident impacted Champions League ambitions
- Trump 2020 budget to include $100 million for Ivanka Trump's women's fund
- Man Denied New Trial for Murder Case from 'Serial' Podcast
- PM: Will not allow Pakistani soil to be used for terrorism
- Full Meghan Markle International Women's Day panel
- Spurs’ new stadium to open in April
- Battle against Ebola in Congo being lost amid militarised response, MSF says
- Airbnb acquires hotel booking app, HotelTonight for an undisclosed sum