Curry surprised Morrison at his SC30 x Oakland pop-up shop on Thursday.
Last year, Riley Morrison of California wrote the National Basketball Association player because she was disappointed his sneakers, the Curry 5's, didn't come in girl's sizes.
Under Armour captured the moment that Curry met Riley.
'I wanted to make sure she was a part of that, ' Curry said.
Steph Curry’s New Sneaker Was Co-Designed by a 9-Year-Old Girl & Available in Women’s Sizes
"I've been kinda blown away, and certainly grateful for the opportunities that Stephen has given me, including sharing inspiration for other girls through the sockliner art". "This has been such an incredible experience".
Curry's cameo was a fitting bookend to the release of the shoes, believed to be the first time a marquee male athlete has been the face of a basketball shoe made specifically for women and girls.
In November, Riley went on Under Armour's website hoping to order a pair of the Curry 5s when she discovered the shoes didn't come in girl's sizes. She wore her new Curry 6s around the store while being shepherded from one media interview to another, her parents and 11-year-old sister cheerfully trailing along behind her.
Curry told CBS This Morning that his journey with Riley has gone full circle.
'It's definitely built up my confidence, ' she said. Stephen wrote her back, called on Under Armour himself to address the inequality and pledged to do something big on International Women's Day.
'I want my girls to have that confidence, ' said Curry, who has two young daughters.
The shoe even has some design qualities from Riley herself.
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e launch today at T
- OECD lowers global growth forecast over trade tensions
- Second HIV Patient May Be Cured After Transplant
- Democrats unveil bill to restore 'net neutrality' rules
- NFL Player David Irving Quits Over League’s Marijuana Policy
- FDA Approves Nasal Spray Depression Treatment Spravato Based On Club Drug Ketamine
- Trump 2020 budget to include $100 million for Ivanka Trump's women's fund
- Five things Canada learned at the justice committee from Butts, Drouin
- From Jail, Chelsea Manning Blasts Grand Jury's ‘Secret Process'
- Jan-Michael Vincent, star of 'Airwolf,' dead at 73