He said the league had a technical glitch in its payroll system that has been fixed.
Dundon will serve as chairman of the AAF's board of directors, effective immediately, according to the Hurricanes.
The Alliance of American Football is affording a lot of players with opportunities to play professional football and for some it represents a second bite at the apple after their time in the NFL came to an end.
"We are a start-up, and start-ups usually raise money in pieces - there's a Series A piece, Series B, Series C, etc.", Ebersol said.
"We won't bring in anybody for capital". "Players were never in danger of not getting paid", a league spokeswoman told Bloomberg News in response to that story.
So, one might ask, why doesn't the NFL subsidize this new league?
The AAF has made it clear that it wants to work in conjunction with the National Football League, not only giving players a chance to continue their playing careers, but also give them a chance to once again reach the highest level of the game. It will play a 10-week schedule before its playoffs, finishing on the final weekend of April.
In an email, National Hockey League deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Dundon did not need permission from the National Hockey League to make this investment in another sports entity. Even when you take out the percentage that goes to the salary cap and other operating expenses, running the AAF as a true spring feeder league would be a relative pittance for owners who are used to what has become a license to print money. In Week 2, Saturday afternoon's Salt Lake-Birmingham game on TNT drew a still-respectable 1 million viewers, though the two games broadcast on the NFL Network (Arizona-Memphis on Saturday night and Atlanta-San Diego) saw declines of about 33 percent, compared with the previous weekend's NFL Network game.
- Saudi Aramco discussing investments in India's Reliance Industries: CEO
- North Carolina Republicans Admit To Suppressing The Black Vote
- Duke stuns Louisville in biggest comeback of Coach K’s career
- Vatican admits to secret rules for children of priests
- Duke Basketball: Three keys to a Blue Devils win against North Carolina
- Bruins Deal Ryan Donato to Wild in Exchange for Charlie Coyle
- Bangladesh fire: Blaze kills dozens in Dhaka historic district
- Snapdragon X55 5G Modem Delivers Improvements In Coverage & Adaptation
- Donald Trump: Islamic State Bride Not Allowed Back to the United States
- Jussie Smollett Has Hired Colin Kaepernick’s Lawyer