"Looking at the situation in general between India and Pakistan, we are deeply concerned at the increasing tensions between the two countries in the wake of the attack on Indian security personnel on February 14 in Pulwama", Dujrraic added.
The Pakistani government has authorised its military to "respond decisively and comprehensively to any aggression or misadventure" by neighbouring India, as tensions soar between the nuclear-armed rivals. "The incident was conceived, planned and executed indigenously".
A deadly bomb attack was carried out in Pulwama region of the troubled state of Jammu and Kashmir, killing 40 Indian security forces for which India blamed Pakistan.
Antonio Guterres called on New Delhi and Islamabad to resolve their differences through "meaningful mutual engagement", Stephane Dujarric, Guterres' spokesman, said in a statement late Wednesday.
Following the February 14 attack, India announced that it will take all possible diplomatic measures to isolate Pakistan from the global community.
The premier chaired a high-level meeting of the National Security Committee on Thursday which was attended by the military chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Zubair Mahmood Hayat, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and other top security officials.
Talking to the media, Ms. Mufti said, "BJP earlier agreed to such issues in AoA, and also to follow the (Atal Bihari) Vajpayee's policy in Kashmir", and stated that nothing other than the dialogue can solve the issues here, "dialogue happen even after wars. Based on the investigation or any tangible evidence provided, state of Pakistan shall take action against anyone found using our soil", the statement said.
Indian cricket fans urged Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to boycott World Cup 2019 match against Pakistan scheduled in Manchester, England this year.
"We acknowledge actions taken by the Indian authorities to tackle these incidents and we hope that the Government will continue to take steps to protect people from all forms of harm that may be directed at them on account of their ethnicity or identity", he stressed.
- Jeremy Corbyn: Shamima Begun should return to United Kingdom to 'answer questions'
- 'Can't wait to make great memories': Search resumes for missing tourists
- Salt Lake Stallions' AAF almost folded but saved by National Hockey League owner
- PGA Tour Announces Major Player Dress Code Change
- Snapdragon X55 5G Modem Delivers Improvements In Coverage & Adaptation
- Bruins Deal Ryan Donato to Wild in Exchange for Charlie Coyle
- Android users can now disable background location sharing with Facebook
- Rep. Ilhan Omar On ‘Hit List’ Of Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Hasson
- Jussie Smollett hands himself over to the police
- Family Syndicate Revealed As Winners Of EuroMillions Jackpot