However, 5G will no doubt roll out quicker in markets such as Europe and North America than in India, and OnePlus likely want to have its devices ready for this well in advance.
OnePlus also revealed its plans to release its 5G smartphone in May 2019, well, at least in the United Kingdom, so it will be announced by then. OnePlus' Warp Charge fast charging will be a part of the offering as well, quite probably the same one that the company included in the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition. OnePlus has now invited the media to experience the company's prototype 5G smartphone at Qualcomm's booth at the event.
Details about OnePlus' 5Ggaming feature are scant right now. The invitation curiously emphasises "5G gaming" as an example of what it will show off, which could indicate that the actual 5G phone that launches later this year might be aimed at gamers. OnePlus is also set to demo the possibilities of "5G gaming", which is a phrase that hasn't been associated with 5G until now and should be pretty intriguing. The zippy connectivity will be supported by Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 855 5G chipset.
A report from CNET Spain, citing sources close to OnePlus, claims that the company's first 5G device will also be the first in an all-new lineup from the company that will co-exist alongside its current array of numerically-branded devices.
While we now don't know what OnePlus' first 5G smartphone will be called, we do know that it's definitely coming.
CEO Pete Lau told CNet in an interview previous year that he isn't expecting huge sales for the 5G model when it launches.
5G networks are set to launch in mid-to-late 2019 both in the United Kingdom and US.
Pei didn't confirm when we'd be seeing the device, but rumours are pointing to an unveiling at next year's MWC.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series: Everything we know so far about specs, features
- Lady Gaga defends Cardi B's Grammys win following backlash
- Kensington Palace takes legal advice after Meghan's letter
- US says ex-intel official defected to Iran, revealed secrets
- Sen. McConnell: Green New Deal Vote Will Put Dems on Record
- Rich The Kid & Usher Shot At & Robbed In Studio Robbery
- PSG hands Man United first defeat under Solskjaer
- Phil Mickelson finishes off a victory at Pebble Beach
- Britain to 'enhance lethality' amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Michelle Obama's Mom Texts Her After Surprise Grammys Appearance