Red Bull unleashed a special-edition livery with the revamped paint job featuring substantially more red, but it is understood the former world champions will revert to their normal colours in time for the season-opening race in Melbourne on March 17.
"I was really excited to jump in the auto and as soon as we got going it felt pretty normal", he said.
Red Bull has revealed the first images of its RB15 for the 2019 F1 season in a dramatic "one-off livery".
Toro Rosso finished ninth of 10 teams a year ago with the Honda engine but Red Bull has sounded optimistic about the progress made by the Japanese manufacturer.
Red Bull parted company with engine partners Renault at the end of 2018, switching to Honda, who also provide power units for sister team Toro Rosso.
In a short video posted on Twitter, Verstappen offered a positive assessment of his initial run on board the new auto. In 2019, with a Honda engine under the bonnet, people are expecting a big upgrade in performance, and more wins for Verstappen and the team.
Daniel Ricciardo's departure to Renault has opened the door for 23-year-old Pierre Gasly to stake his claim as a race victor of the future.
"We are expecting a lot from Honda and are positive, but it will not be flawless from race one".
Over the course of six runs at the Northamptonshire circuit, the new charger performed faultlessly, with Max Verstappen completing 39 laps as the team performed a battery of systems checks ahead of next week's first test in Barcelona. Now we can go testing properly, we'll see what we can get out of that and we'll be able to understand the vehicle and the engine a bit better.
"Until we get to Australia, my goals are a bit blind".
- I can’t do anything about Alexis Sanchez - Ole Gunnar Solskjær
- EA wants to bring Apex Legend to Android and iOS
- China's President Xi to meet top U.S. trade negotiators on Friday - SCMP
- McDonald’s Debuts Donut Sticks to Have You Lovin’ Breakfast
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Newcastle United, Premier League
- Late completion of auto jeopardises Renault's shakedown plans
- Lottery Winner Accepts $1 Million Check Wearing 'Scream' Mask
- Sen. McConnell: Green New Deal Vote Will Put Dems on Record
- Australia to reopen island detention camp after refugee bill
- PSG hands Man United first defeat under Solskjaer