Michelle Obama: I'm sitting here with Valerie and this text is so typically you.
After making her appearance on the award show, Obama received a hilarious text from her mom, Marian Shields Robinson. Obama later affirmed, "I am a real star... by the way", to which Robinson responded with a simple "Yeah".
Her mother replied, "Yeah".
Robinson wrote: "I guess you were a hit at the Grammys".
So while the audience in attendance cheered Obama as she spoke and applauded after she had finished, her mother was more interested in whether her daughter had met any "real celebrity" at the event!
Obama wrote about her modest Chicago upbringing in her memoir, Becoming, which also details how Robinson resisted offers to move into the White House before finally agreeing for the sake of her granddaughters.
"When your mom doesn't think you're a "real" celebrity", she captioned the exchange.
She told CBS This Morning in November that her goal in living with the family was to help the couple's young daughters, Sasha and Malia, maintain a sense of normalcy, which included everything from rides to school to "laundry lessons".
From the sound of it, not much has changed about her "that don't impress me much" attitude - much to the delight of her daughter's followers.
Obama laughed - in emoji form - at her mom's joke.
Leave it to moms to keep it real, no matter how famous their children get.
"Every mother in the history of ever", one commenter said.
'I mean, you think about my girls were being driven around in a motorcade of three cars with at least four grown adults with guns in each of those cars.
- National Football League trade rumors: Ravens deal QB Joe Flacco to Broncos
- Manchester United and Paris St Germain charged by Uefa
- EA wants to bring Apex Legend to Android and iOS
- Jennifer Lopez turns Motown tribute into own zesty show
- PSG hands Man United first defeat under Solskjaer
- Phil Mickelson finishes off a victory at Pebble Beach
- I can’t do anything about Alexis Sanchez - Ole Gunnar Solskjær
- Tesla’s delivery team gutted in recent job cuts
- McDonald’s Debuts Donut Sticks to Have You Lovin’ Breakfast
- Late completion of auto jeopardises Renault's shakedown plans