According to Tfue, one of the best Fortnite players and streamers in the world, a large part of the reason for that switch comes down to how each game handles stream snipers. Apex Legends is the game everyone can't stop talking about and we'll let you know why it might be the new Fortnite.
EA's success with Apex Legends marks a potential for it to take on Fortnite, which counted 200 million players in December. And Jefferies said Fortnite's viewership on the video game streaming site Twitch was "basically chopped in half" in the days following the Apex release. The game captured 2.5 million players within the first day of its release and, two days later, that number climbed to a record-breaking 10 million players-a milestone that took previous record-holder "Fortnite" two weeks to achieve.
Apex Legends has been rising since release on Monday, February 4. The new free-to-play battle royale shooter that's set in the Titanfall universe has come out the gates swinging, and it's only getting more popular by the day. Each character adds exciting new ways to approach a match with a different level of strategy mixed in.
There's always 99 problems to worry about while playing in a battle royale game, but Apex's loot system isn't one.
Elsewhere, we're seeing the impact of Apex Legends on Twitch. Furthermore, the group drop-in system gives teams a more efficient way to land in close proximity to each other; no fall damage is like a gift from the gaming gods; and respawning downed teammates gives players a second chance to get back in to the fight.
Peak viewership numbers tell a similar story, with Apex Legends securing 491,894 viewers and Fortnite landing at 326,454.
Further bolstering the streaming momentum behind the game, there's also the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge, which pits European Union teams against North American squads, featuring 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch.
- Sarri has two weeks to save his job at Chelsea
- Late completion of auto jeopardises Renault's shakedown plans
- Anti-vaxxer revolt grows on Reddit among teens
- Newborn, with umbilical cord still attached, found on road in frigid temperatures
- Russia Mulls Disconnecting From Internet In Test Of Cyberdefenses
- Activision Blizzard expected to lay off hundreds of staff next week
- Nigel Owens responds to tweet criticising decision to award England penalty try
- Former Chesterfield goalkeeper and World Cup hero Gordon Banks dies aged 81
- Jody Wilson-Raybould resigns from federal cabinet
- Leeds United's Jack Clarke on mend after illness scare