Another major concern is that, like with any other Apple product or service, publishers won't have access the same level of data about subscribers than they would from a normal subscription, such as credit card information and email addresses.
Apple CEO Tim Cook recently teased that "new services" from Apple are coming in 2019 during an interview with CNBC's Jim Cramer. But new hardware like the rumored AirPods update, the long-awaited AirPower charging pad or any new phone, tablet or Mac models aren't on the agenda.
Publishers are threatening to revolt against Apple's planned subscription news service before it has even got off the ground in anger at the proposed financial terms stipulated by the technology firm.
We've seen endless reports over the past year suggesting that Apple wants to bundle together magazine and newspaper subscriptions into a monthly plan.
In addition to asking for a revenue cut that is way higher than what App Store publishers must pay, Apple is also asking for select publishers to commit to using the news platform for a minimum of one year.
According to the report, both the New York Times and the Washington Post have rejected deals because the terms are too poor. The new iPad mini 5 and the iPad 7 are expected to launch side by side with varying prices, and they will retain the Touch ID security feature instead of the more advanced Face ID.
"We believe there will be another event in April at which point we expect iPad and product announcements to be launched". It's also possible that new iPads, AirPods and AirPower could be released at WWDC '19 or via press release.
A premium news subscription could cost around $10 per month, the same that Apple Music now costs.
An Apple spokesperson declined to comment when contacted by ZDNet.
- Ex-boyfriend held in death of woman in suitcase
- Britain to 'enhance lethality' amid Russia, China threats -Minister
- Phil Mickelson finishes off a victory at Pebble Beach
- Jennifer Lopez turns Motown tribute into own zesty show
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series: Everything we know so far about specs, features
- Elusive black leopard spotted in Kenya for first time in 100 years
- Russian Federation plans to disconnect from global Internet for cyber-defense
- Knicks remove Kevin Durant photo from season ticket promotion ad
- Australia to reopen island detention camp after refugee bill
- Michelle Obama's Mom Texts Her After Surprise Grammys Appearance