The couple who found the tiger called authorities to report what they had seen, and police said they were initially unsure if the animal was real or if they might be hallucinating.
Officials say it could easily open and the tiger could have gone on a "rampage".
The garage, which is in a home southeast of central Houston, was secured only with a screwdriver and a nylon strap, the station reported.
"A pretty small cage inside basically a garage in a house that didn't look like it was in the best shape". The location isn't being made public while an investigation into who owns the tiger continues. "Very, very rarely do we take in a tiger". Cottingham said the tiger, which she's calling Danielle, seemed fairly healthy, albeit a bit thirsty.
Officers tranquilized the large cat, pulled it out using a wrecker and transferred it to an animal shelter. It's just finding the right combination and then transporting, ' Cottingham said to Click2Houston. Officials said the tiger will be taken to another facility, where it will stay permanently, Tuesday.
An overweight tiger was found abandoned in a Houston home on Monday.
The female tiger was found in a cage with several packets of meat.
"Fewer than 3,500 tigers of all tiger subspecies remain in the wild today, according to the Tiger Conservation Campaign".
- AT&T's fake "5G" service sparks deceptive advertising lawsuit from Sprint
- Fitbit's New Fitness Tracker for Kids Leaks in Different Colour Options
- China Upbeat on US Trade Talks, But S. China Sea Tensions Weigh
- Casey leads Mickelson by three at Pebble Beach
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar is Running in 2020 Presidential Election
- Irving day-to-day with knee sprain
- Polar Bears Searching For Food Invade Russian Town, Terrifying Residents
- Di Maria on Man Utd struggles: Thank God for PSG
- Meghan Markle's Father Shares Alleged Letter From the Duchess
- Big Six? It's all about the Premier League's Big Three