Scholes, upon his unveiling at Oldham on Monday, was inevitably asked how he'd react to any potential future comments from pundits including Mourinho, who yesterday revealed he'd be returning to football in a new role.
"I couldn't be any happier at the minute", Scholes told Oldham's official website. Obviously there's been talk of it when I finished my (playing) career.
If anyone wants to have a pop at me, I won't take any notice. "When I'm not quite sure what to do I'll be looking to them for advice".
"I was a United fan as a young kid but my dad was an Oldham fan so it was a lot easier to go and watch Oldham".
Paul Scholes has said he expects scrutiny from Jose Mourinho after becoming manager of League Two Oldham. Nicky Butt is the head of United's academy but has never had a full-time role while David Beckham is launching Major League Soccer franchise Inter Miami C.F.
There have been reports of interference in team affairs from club owner Abdallah Lemsagam and his brother Mohamed - the club's sporting director - but Scholes is adamant he will not accept that.
"I know it wasn't what he thought he was going to do when he was a player".
"It is great that Paul is back in football and everyone at the club wishes him all the best in his new venture into football management". "But that drug of football when you don't get it, Paul is one of them, he loves football".
There were concerns that his 10% stake in Salford City, the National League club he co-owns, would prevent him from taking charge of the Latics.
The English Football League gave Scholes the go-ahead to join Oldham last week, ruling that there was no conflict of interest.
Scholes' first match in charge will see his new side host Yeovil Town on February 12 as they look to bridge the nine-point gap to thos now in the League Two play-off places.
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar is Running in 2020 Presidential Election
- Juventus make Ramsey the highest-paid British player in history
- Donald Trump to sign executive order advancing artificial intelligence strategy
- Uighur musician 'tortured to death in China camp', campaigners claim
- South Korea signs new deal to pay U.S. more for troop presence
- Polar Bears Searching For Food Invade Russian Town, Terrifying Residents
- Search underway after video shows man abducting woman in Miami
- Meghan Markle's Father Shares Alleged Letter From the Duchess
- Air NZ flight turned back from China
- Irving day-to-day with knee sprain