"The president has been very clear - couldn't be more clear - as we get additional information, we will continue to hold all of those responsible accountable".
The security team of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman arrived in Pakistan on Monday ahead of his scheduled visit to the country.
"Seeing as the Trump administration has no intention of insisting on full accountability for Mr. Khashoggi's murderers, it is time for Congress to step in and impose real consequences to fundamentally re-examine our relationship with the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and with the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen", Mr. Menendez said in a statement.
"The death of Jamal Khashoggi was a massive tragedy", he said.
A senior administration official told the AP that the State Department regularly updates Congress on the status of the case and that the US government will continue to work to hold accountable those responsible for the death.
Last week, a United Nations expert heading an investigation into the murder slammed the kingdom's obstruction of Turkey's probe following the killing.
A petrochemical complex would be built from Saudi Arabia's investment in Gwadar and a memorandum of understanding will be signed in this regard, the sources had said. Lawmakers, including Menendez and Sen. "Congress doesn't have to wait for the president to fulfil his duty", Murphy said. Lindsey Graham of SC, introduced legislation Friday that would bar certain arms sales to Riyadh in response to Khashoggi's slaying last October by Saudi operatives, and its role in Yemen's civil war.
Adel al-Jubeir, the country's minister of state for foreign affairs, continued to claim Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) had no involvement in the October slaying of Khashoggi, despite the CIA's determination that he was behind it.
The report naming Turki Aldakhil, former general manager of Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television, was published by The New York Times on Thursday.
- Google Maps AR navigation has almost reached its final destination - your phone
- Winter storm watch in effect for Greater Sudbury
- Michelle Obama's surprise Grammys 2019 appearance
- Samsung foldable phone will be unveiled alongside the Galaxy S10
- Amazon is pumping money into self-driving startup Aurora
- Arsenal win the hard way at Huddersfield
- Chelsea legend Harris: Sarri has one month
- NASA's faraway space snowman has flat, not round, behind
- Search Jobs with Jooble
- Ellen DeGeneres shaves off Julian Edelman's beard