20 for a limited time, customers can get donut sticks and a McCafe coffee during breakfast hours at participating restaurants nationwide.
At the time, McDonald's would neither confirm nor deny the reports, but told Fox News to expect "more delicious and craveable news" in the near future.
McDonald's typical breakfast menu consists of various breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, yogurt parfait, and, of course, hash browns.
The confection will arrive in participating restaurants nationwide on February 20, according to a news release.
The item is being paired with a small coffee as a combo. After trying out different doughs and amount of cinnamon sugar, according to the release, the right recipe was found.
The item was tested in 2018 in some IL restaurants before its national launch at participating restaurants.
McDonald's has led the breakfast market since 1971 but in recent years has lost ground to Taco Bell and Dunkin' Donuts, CNN Business reported.
"Donut Sticks are the flawless complement to our existing breakfast lineup, and pair deliciously with our fresh brewed premium roast McCafé coffee", said Linda VanGosen, McDonald's vice president of menu innovation, in a prepared statement.
- Activision Blizzard expected to lay off hundreds of staff next week
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Newcastle United, Premier League
- BBC cameraman attacked by Donald Trump supporter at Texas rally
- Warren: Trump May Not Even Be A Free Person In 2020
- Holder's 'punitive' over-rate ban slammed by Cricket West Indies president
- Scholes expecting Mourinho criticism after taking Oldham job
- Russian Federation plans to disconnect from global Internet for cyber-defense
- Former Chesterfield goalkeeper and World Cup hero Gordon Banks dies aged 81
- Texas man enters abandoned home to smoke weed, finds tiger instead
- Air NZ flight turned back from China