The R.S.19 was launched online on Tuesday, with the 2019 livery also unveiled on a largely old auto at the team's factory.
If long-term targets remained unchanged - podiums next year, and wins in 2021 before a championship challenge - there was quiet confidence at the former champions' expanded Enstone factory.
Renault's engine trailed the units of Mercedes and Ferrari a year ago and was seen as the weakest component in Red Bull Racing's package.
Engine chief Remi Taffin is confident Renault can start cutting the performance gap this year.
Renault and Red Bull split at the end of past year, leaving the French manufacturer with just two teams - their factory outfit and McLaren - while its former customers have switched to Honda.
"Hopefully by 2020 we should get there with brand new engine workshop". We have no reason to believe it's impossible at this stage.
"The added momentum of the Daniel-Nico partnership brings confidence to the team this season", said Abiteboul.
What do you think of the new Renault livery?
Staff levels at Enstone have reached 750, including contractors, with a further 450 in France working on power units at Viry-Chatillon. "It may or may not take place as we speak".
"We have confidence that we have a good platform".
The team revealed its livery for the new season on 2018-specification vehicle at its factory in Enstone today and also presented renderings of how its finished auto will look.
The manufacturer's ambition was nonetheless underlined last summer when it acquired the services of Daniel Ricciardo on a two-year deal, with the seven-time Grand Prix victor joining Nico Hulkenberg. So we know that there is a direct connection between how short you can reduce your lead time and your competitiveness those are the sort of things that we need to do.
- Activision Blizzard expected to lay off hundreds of staff next week
- Nigel Owens responds to tweet criticising decision to award England penalty try
- Air NZ flight turned back from China
- Herbert beats Berdych to reach Montpellier final
- Polar Bears Searching For Food Invade Russian Town, Terrifying Residents
- Sarri has two weeks to save his job at Chelsea
- French group wins $35.5B defense deal from Australia
- Texas man enters abandoned home to smoke weed, finds tiger instead
- Casey leads Mickelson by three at Pebble Beach
- BBC cameraman attacked by Donald Trump supporter at Texas rally