Two-sport star Kyler Murray on Monday announced which of his passions he will pursue.
He helped Oklahoma win a Big 12 title and reach the College Football Playoff while becoming the second consecutive Sooner to win the Heisman Trophy. "I was raised to play QB and I very much look forward to dedicating 100% of myself to being the best QB possible and winning NFL Championships". I have started an extensive training program to further prepare myself for upcoming workouts and interviews.
After transferring to Oklahoma from Texas A&M, Murray was the Sooners' backup quarterback behind Heisman victor and future No. 1 NFL pick Baker Mayfield for the 2017 football season.
Murray, a top 10 pick in last year's MLB Draft, has been flirting with both football and baseball over the past couple of months, refusing to reveal which way he was leaning.
Murray is coming off a standout football season with the Oklahoma Sooners.
Because of Murray's height and slight build, there is some apprehension from NFL evaluators about his long-term success in football.
Murray's unbelievable season in 2018 at Oklahoma was his first as a full-time starter for them. Only time will tell who Murray will be drafted by and try to build a career with. Still Forst said, "We'll focus on what we need to do to make sure that if he comes back to baseball at some point, he comes back with the A's". But in another sense, that statement is true: Major League Baseball couldn't offer Murray enough to win him away from the NFL, and for that, Manfred and the rest of the folks at 245 Park Avenue can only blame themselves.
In their latest mock draft, the team at CBS Sports believes the Miami Dolphins could select Murray with the thirteenth overall pick in the National Football League draft. Murray scored a combined 54 touchdowns, which is tied for the ninth-most in NCAA Division I history. ESPN reported that Murray will return $1.29 million of the initial $1.5 million payment he received from the franchise and forfeit the final $3.16 million he would have received on March 1 entirely.
- Celebs wear pro-Trump fashion at the 2019 Grammys
- May to ask MPs for further fortnight's grace in Brexit talks
- Arsenal win the hard way at Huddersfield
- Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax calls for investigation into sexual assault allegations
- Amazon is pumping money into self-driving startup Aurora
- Tom Suozzi, Moderate Democrat On Powerful Economic Committee, Backs Green New Deal
- O'Rourke, Trump to headline dueling Texas border town rallies
- US Wants Security Council to Recognize Disputed Venezuela President
- Google Maps AR navigation has almost reached its final destination - your phone
- National Pizza Day 2019: Where to find free and cheap pizza today