She also says that she has retained former Supreme Court justice Thomas Cromwell to advise her on this front.
In recent days, Liberal operatives have attempted to smear Wilson-Raybould's performance even though she was widely seen as a credible and competent Minister throughout her tenure.
Jody Wilson-Raybould, Canada's Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, has announced she is resigning from her position in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cabinet.
"With a heavy heart I have submitted my letter of resignation to the Prime Minister as a member of Cabinet", Wilson-Raybould wrote in a tweet Tuesday.
Make no mistake about it - there are serious allegations to be answered about how Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government dealt with the legal problems of Quebec mega-company SNC-Lavalin.
Trudeau denies the allegations, claiming "Neither the current nor the previous attorney general was ever directed by me or anyone in my office to take a decision in this matter".
The firm is facing fraud and corruption charges related to contracts in Libya.
Speaking in Vancouver, the prime minister said he "welcomes" the probe into allegations of improper conduct by government officials.
Trudeau moved Wilson-Raybould to the veterans affairs portfolio in January.
SNC-Lavalin was charged with paying out $48 million in bribes to Libyan officials in the decade leading up to the NATO-led overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi's government in 2011, payments meant to influence government decision-making, though the company was also charged with defrauding Libyan companies of about $130 million.
The Conservatives issued a letter over the weekend urging Trudeau to waive that privilege so that Wilson-Raybould can clear the air on what they called "very troubling" allegations.
Federal opposition parties have jumped at the allegations of political interference and are pushing to have some of Mr Trudeau's top aides and a number of Liberal MPs appear before Parliament's justice committee.
- Polar Bears Searching For Food Invade Russian Town, Terrifying Residents
- Holder's 'punitive' over-rate ban slammed by Cricket West Indies president
- The Toronto Raptors are set to sign Jeremy Lin
- Air NZ flight turned back from China
- Leeds United's Jack Clarke on mend after illness scare
- Casey leads Mickelson by three at Pebble Beach
- Irving day-to-day with knee sprain
- Former Chesterfield goalkeeper and World Cup hero Gordon Banks dies aged 81
- Activision Blizzard expected to lay off hundreds of staff next week
- Fitbit's New Fitness Tracker for Kids Leaks in Different Colour Options