Last week, Dave Cameron, CWI's president, described the Holder sanction as a "crippling decision" that threatened to overshadow West Indies' series victory, and called on the ICC to modify the rule. The 26-year-old will be the stand-in captain in the absence of Jason Holder, who will serve a one-match suspension following his second minor over-rate offence in the second Test at Barbados.
West Indies and England are scheduled to play the third and final Test in St Lucia from February 9. They bowled out England under 200 in both the innings of the 2nd Test. Roach was among the highest wicket-takers once again as his team went on to win the Test by 10 wickets and took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the 3-match Test series.
"They have to get a lot of credit for the determination they showed, as they are known for being dashing players", he added. "It would be nice to see England bounce back in the third Test", he said.
"Jason now has the opportunity to benefit from resting his body over the period of the next Test and be well prepared for the upcoming ODI series against England which begins on February 20". He was also a member of the one-day and Twenty20 side which toured Bangladesh last December. "But our young cricketers will have learnt a lot".
Critics argue that forcing the team's captain to sit out is exactly what Test cricket does not need in its struggle to stay relevant in the Caribbean. "This is an important match for our careers", he said. The selectors missed a trick in not bringing Jason Roy here because he has as good a chance as anyone of filling the biggest problem position in a batting line-up so brittle that England have plumbed new depths in two defeats here.
- Alliance of American Football Debuts with Strong Ratings
- Air NZ flight turned back from China
- Fitbit's New Fitness Tracker for Kids Leaks in Different Colour Options
- South Korea signs new deal to pay U.S. more for troop presence
- Davis retains title with first-round KO
- Delhi hotel fire kills 17
- Juventus make Ramsey the highest-paid British player in history
- AT&T's fake "5G" service sparks deceptive advertising lawsuit from Sprint
- Polar Bears Searching For Food Invade Russian Town, Terrifying Residents
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar is Running in 2020 Presidential Election