The departure of Mourinho from the United dugout in December saw him slip down the pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and he was allowed to link up with Chinese outfit Shandong Luneng during the winter window.
"I don't think there is any surprise that Pogba is a key player for Manchester United", he said.
Manchester United are now gearing up for their biggest test under Solskjaer, with the Red Devils set to take on Paris Saint-Germain in the last 16 of the Champions League at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Neymar misses out because of a second fractured fifth metatarsal in his right foot in as many years, while Cavani injured his right hip just last weekend, but Tuchel was adamant that his PSG side will still look to attack.
"We have our identity as a team and it's not easy to change a team's identity". It's our DNA and changing that is hard. "He has to play his game, to play with confidence and I want us to be capable to help him with the right kind of support, good passes".
"You can not replace quality players like this, Neymar is one of the key, key players in Europe and we miss him a lot and now we miss a second key player with Edi", Tuchel told reporters on Monday. There will be moments when we'll defend because I expect a very attacking Manchester, very fearless, with many attacking players.
'Well I don't think there's any surprise about Paul Pogba being a key player, he's an incredible player, ' said Tuchel.
"Manchester United play with a lot of confidence, score a lot of goals, get a lot of early leads". Hopefully, he gives a good performance.
"We're expecting United to play in the same way they have been playing recently.
It is the kind of moments you really are able to develop as a player".
"There is an effect [from Solskjaer]", Tuchel said.
Those absences will place even more of an onus on Di Maria to show why PSG were prepared to make him their superstar signing in the summer of 2015, two years before Neymar and Kylian Mbappe arrived in the French capital.
- Delhi hotel fire kills 17
- Cardi B The First Female Rapper To Win "Best Rap Album" Grammy
- AT&T's fake "5G" service sparks deceptive advertising lawsuit from Sprint
- South Korea signs new deal to pay U.S. more for troop presence
- O'Rourke, Trump to headline dueling Texas border town rallies
- Kyler Murray is picking football over baseball
- Alliance of American Football Debuts with Strong Ratings
- Cali. governor to pull National Guard troops from border
- Fox host says he 'hasn't washed hands in 10 years'
- Former attorney general says she can’t publicly discuss SNC Lavalin allegations