"We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren't sure that we'll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast", Ocasio-Cortez said.
Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and members of her legislative team were caught in a pickle this week after she denied that a fact sheet about her Green New Deal resolution was released from her office.
As the FAQ debacle was unfolding, Campus Reform's Cabot Phillips journeyed to the campus of the University of Miami to ask students how they felt about AOC's plan to combat climate change and, in the process, restructure the entire economy. After suggesting that conservatives were somehow to blame, her team now says we should all forget about the document because it was just an "early draft" that they accidentally posted and distributed to major news outlets.
One student's initial perception of the deal was that it was "progressive" and would help "push the world forward".
"I think it's the right beginning", Buttigieg said of the resolution on CNN's "State of the Union" with Jake Tapper.
Buttigieg announced an exploratory committee last month for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination, and his remarks Sunday reflected a growing consensus among much of the prospective 2020 field in support of the "Green New Deal". Thinking it was real, Epshteyn began debating with the "confused" parody account.
"I think if we didn't do that, then we're gonna be killing ourselves basically, so we need to take care of ourselves", a different student said.
The Green New Deal is an ambitious plan to tackle climate change with specific mandates, such as shifting 100 percent of US power demands onto renewable sources within a decade.
- Ariana Grande Posts Furious Tweets After Mac Miller Lost A Grammy
- Possible wintry mix may bring snow, sleet, rain on Tuesday
- Pep Guardiola ‘proud’ of City after Chelsea demolition and praises Sergio Aguero
- Gaza officials: Israeli fire kills 2 Palestinian teens
- Google Maps AR navigation has almost reached its final destination - your phone
- Disney's Live-Action 'Aladdin' Trailer Reveals Will Smith's Snarky Genie
- Pochettino fumes as fixtures give Spurs ‘massive’ Euro task
- Michelle Obama's surprise Grammys 2019 appearance
- Celebs wear pro-Trump fashion at the 2019 Grammys
- Two Southampton fans arrested after making aeroplane gestures to Cardiff City supporters