Grammy organizers this year expanded the top four categories - album, record, song of the year, and best new artist - to eight nominees from five in a bid to diversify the contest.
The main performers for this year includes Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Dua Lipa, St. Vincent, Chloe x Halle and Travis Scott. His single "God's Plan" is up for song of the year (for songwriters) and record of the year (for artist, engineers, mixers).
LIVE from the GRAMMYs red carpet in Los Angeles, host Tracy Moore chats with the night's biggest artists and nominees while music correspondent Devo Brown and fashion correspondent Lauren Howe break down the night's hottest tracks and looks.
When asked soon after the show about the lack of female winners, academy president Neil Portnow said women needed to "step up" - now-infamous words that instantly drew outrage, and which he said were taken out of context.
"I know i'm not there tonight (trust, i tried and still truly wished it had worked out tbh) and i know i said i try not to put too much weight into these things. but (expletive). this is wild and attractive. thank you so much", she tweeted after learning about her win. Brandi Carlile reacts after winning Best Americana Album for "By The Way, I Forgive You".
The lead-up to this year's Grammys has not been completely smooth, though.
"It was when my creativity & self-expression was stifled by you that i decided not to attend. Thank you @RecordingAcad #Grammys #Grammy and my co-writers and Bradley I love you so much thank you", the pop star wrote Sunday night before the show.
Grande added that she had offered to perform three different songs, but that the process, which she wrote should be "about art and honesty", wound up feeling like a game: "that's not what music is to me", she concluded.
When she returned onstage for her second win, she was in shock. A study released by the University of Southern California's Annenberg Inclusion Initiative days before the ceremony found that of the 899 individuals who had been nominated for the previous six shows, 90.7 percent were men.
The ceremony starts at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET and will air on CBS. A representative for the Grammys didn't return an email seeking clarification about the tribute.
Alicia Keys, a 15-time Grammy victor, will host this year's broadcast.
- Microsoft ask Internet Explorer users to go to a new browser
- Bad news for anyone who uses ad-blockers on Spotify
- Krunal Pandya destroys Kiwis, as India win second T20!
- Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Childish Gambino Turn Down Grammys Performances
- Death toll rises to 11 in Istanbul apartment collapse
- Durant blasts media's treatment of him, tells reporters to 'grow up'
- Paul Pogba Gave His Shirt To A Fan Following Win Over Fulham
- Seattle receives the most snow in 70 years, bitter cold temperatures expected
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game