Critics may carp about the Grammy Awards themselves going to bland, middle-of-the-road acts instead of trailblazers, but Grammy red carpet fashion is usually wilder and more fun to gawk at then the self-consciously chic finery stars sport to the Golden Globes, Oscars, Emmys and more.
The lead up to this year's Grammys hasn't been completely smooth though. 2019 may have just started, but BTS have already beaten worldwide box office records with their concert film, BTS World Tour: Love Yourself in Seoul, racked up a bunch of major wins at various award shows in their native Korea, and made their anticipated return to V Live's streaming platform with their weekly variety series, Run BTS! "I'm in tears with honor and gratitude..." she tweeted after her win for A Star Is Born was announced.
Cardi B, who was to perform later on Sunday, could break that trend and take home not only her first Grammy, but potentially become the first rapper since 2004 to win the coveted album of the year award for her "Invasion of Privacy".
Some of the most talented people in the music industry will come together on Sunday night to attend the 61st annual Grammy Awards presentation.
Monae's "Dirty Computer" is one of five albums by women nominated for the top prize at Sunday's show. Her voice sounded absolutely awesome. "As much as it is about me, it's not just about me", said Monae, who gave a powerful speech a year ago ahead of Kesha's emotional and striking performance celebrating sisterhood and women's rights.
Gaga, Carlile, Monae, Cardi B and Musgraves are all due to take the stage. "Thank you for being my island", she said.
Pop mega-star Ariana Grande - who dropped her highly anticipated album "Thank U, Next" just before the Grammys - slammed producer Ken Ehrlich over her decision not to perform, suggesting he was "lying" about her readiness.
"I'm especially excited for all the incredible women nominated this year!"
To help combat the Grammys' much-discussed diversity problem, the Recording Academy expanded the major categories to eight nominees each - so now that the field is wider than ever, expect some upsets.
As for other ways to watch the Grammys, you can also tune into American network CBS. There will be awkward moments, but a planned tribute to Aretha Franklin, which will be performed by Yolanda Adams, Fantasia and Andra Day, had better be one to remember.
- New Trailer for ‘Anthem’ Reveals Endgame Loot, Challenges, Strongholds, and More
- Russia Warns EU Over 'Obstacles' In Constructing Nord Stream 2
- Gay serial killer Bruce McArthur given eight life sentences
- Kate Miller-Heidke wins Australian Eurovision spot with 'breathtaking' song
- Seattle receives the most snow in 70 years, bitter cold temperatures expected
- Facebook To Appeal German Privacy Ruling
- Kendall Jenner Reacts To Kylie Jenner Pregnancy & Engagement Rumors | Hollywoodlife
- 'Fortnite' Valentine's Day Event, Share the Love, Is Now Live
- Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Childish Gambino Turn Down Grammys Performances
- 'The Division 2' Private Beta Is Available Now