In a series of since-deleted tweets, the "Thank U, Next" artist expressed frustration that the family of her late ex-boyfriend Mac Miller was invited to the Grammys despite the fact that Miller would lose out in his category - best rap album - to Cardi B.
The popstar responded: "Nothing to do w her. good for her. i promise. i'm sorry".
Making it clear that she had no beef with Grammys victor Cardi, Ariana is claimed to have also tweeted and deleted: 'nothing to do w [Cardi]. good for her. i promise. i'm sorry'.
The superstar went back on Twitter to later clarify her tweets after one social media user accused her of "shading" Cardi B.
Mac Miller, real name Malcolm McCormick, was 26 when he passed away at his San Fernando Valley, California, on 7 September previous year, from a drug overdose.
The Bronx rapper's debut studio album Invasion of Privacy beat Pusha-T (DAYTONA), Nipsey Hussle (Victory Lap), Travis Scott (ASTROWORLD), and the late Mac Miller (Swimming), who had dated Grande for almost two years.
She wrote "fuck", "bullshit" and "literal bullshit" one after the other before quickly deleting the posts.
This is the singer's first ever Grammy Award win.
But nothing could compare to the raw emotion she showed in her acceptance speech. "Maybe I need to start smoking weed!"
Cardi was escorted on stage by her husband Offset and it took her a couple moments to catch her breath and realize that she just won.
- Possible wintry mix may bring snow, sleet, rain on Tuesday
- Funeral, memorial planned for longtime US Rep. John Dingell
- Seattle receives the most snow in 70 years, bitter cold temperatures expected
- Gay serial killer Bruce McArthur given eight life sentences
- ‘Walking Dead’ star Danai Gurira reportedly exiting zombie series
- Snow, ice pellets on the way Tuesday, Environment Canada warns
- Thai court orders release of Bahrain refugee soccer player
- Microsoft ask Internet Explorer users to go to a new browser
- The First Night of AAF Football
- Kendall Jenner Reacts To Kylie Jenner Pregnancy & Engagement Rumors | Hollywoodlife