"The Chinese government has never recognised the so-called "Arunachal Pradesh" and is firmly opposed to the Indian leader's visit", Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said in a statement.
Huge hoardings from Gannavaram airport - where Modi will land at 10 am were put up along the National Highway up to Guntur, saying Modi, No Entry' while protests were organised in some parts of the state against the visit.
The ministry said New Delhi has conveyed its opinion to Beijing on several occasions.
In Karnataka, Modi will first lay the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-Dharwad) and dedicate the city distribution project in Dharwad and 1.5-tonne Mangaluru strategic petroleum facility (SPR) and the 2.5-tonne Padur SPR facility of the state-run Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Ltd (ISPRL).
The Prime Minister would also lay foundation stones for a new integrated building at Trichy Airport and modernisation of Chennai airport. Rs 4,000 crore in the border state.
The strong public reaction from the Chinese government came despite the leaders of two countries, PM Modi and President Xi Jinping, having met four times past year, most recently on the sidelines of the G-20 Summit in Buenos Aires in December.
The prime minister listed out central schemes including recently launched PM Kisan, Ayushman Bharat, Ujjwala Yojana for LPG connection and insurance for workers to counter the opposition's charge that the BJP-led government's policies are not benefiting the people.
The 73-day standoff between Indian and Chinese armies on the Doklam Plateu at the tri-junction with Bhutan had seriously affected the bilateral ties, following which a series of high-level meetings between the political and military leaderships have been held in an effort to improve relations.
- Ireland team named for Scotland clash
- Search Jobs with Jooble
- Apex Legends: How to Fix Party Not Ready Issue & What It Is
- Microsoft brings AI-powered background blurring to Skype
- Senate Judiciary Committee Approves William Barr’s Attorney General Nomination
- Virginia lieutenant governor on sexual assault allegations: 'The interactions were consensual'
- Italy denies it will ban Huawei, ZTE from its 5G plans
- Knicks waive Wesley Matthews, Enes Kanter
- Whittaker out of title defence at UFC 234
- Twitter Comeback Continues As It Reveals 'Daily User' Numbers For First Time