The Duke, who quickly received a replacement Land Rover, was later reportedly spoken to by police after being pictured driving without a seat belt just days after the crash.
Witnesses to the crash were in disbelief that anyone, and especially someone of Philip's age, could have walked away from it so easily.
"The investigation file for the collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) for their consideration".
Prince Philip has surrendered his driver's license.
And Norfolk Police confirmed Saturday that the prince had "voluntarily surrendered his license to officers".
He escaped injury but passenger Emma Fairweather broke her wrist and called for the duke to be prosecuted if he was found to be at a fault.
The 97-year-old duke apologised over a vehicle crash near the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, in which his Land Rover Freelander landed on its side after a collision with a Kia.
Fairweather, 46, told the Sunday Mirror she was "chuffed" with the letter, adding: "I thought it was really nice that he signed off as "Philip" and not the formal title".
His auto flipped over in the crash after he pulled out into a busy A road and collided with a Kia, carrying a nine-month old boy, his mother and another passenger.
The duke wrote a letter to Fairweather, dated January 21, that it was a "very distressing experience".
Fairweather has previously denied that it was sunny on the day of the accident, telling Great Britain's This Morning that she remembered the weather being "miserable and overcast".
"In other words, the sun was shining low over the main road".
His Land Rover overturned but he was not injured.
"As is standard procedure with injury collisions, the incident will be investigated and any appropriate action taken", the statement says.
"There will be some surprise that the duke still drives himself on public roads", BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond wrote last month.
It said it would forward the licence to Britain's licencing authority, the DVLA.
- Senate Judiciary Committee Approves William Barr’s Attorney General Nomination
- Backed Syrian force announces 'final battle' against IS
- Sarri: Higuain keen to prove himself again
- Minnesota School Bus Driver Shot In The Head During Snow Storm Traffic
- Search Jobs with Jooble
- Maurizio Sarri says Chelsea's Gonzalo Higuain is about more than goals
- Jaguar Land Rover owner records $4 billion loss, driving share price down
- Twitter Comeback Continues As It Reveals 'Daily User' Numbers For First Time
- Suns Trade For Guard Tyler Johnson
- Sounds Like JT Realmuto is FINALLY Going to Be Traded