In the latest company blog, Principal Program Manager in the Experiences and Devices Group, Chris Jackson wrote about "The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser".
We are not supporting new web standards for this, while many sites work excellent, large and developers are not experimenting and testing for Internet Explorer these days.
"Internet Explorer is a compatibility solution".
He explained that the use of Internet Explorer is increasing the technical debt for the companies.
Whilst acknowledging that pre-Nadella Microsoft didn't exactly help matters with its conduct, which led in part to the so-called "Browser Ballot" in the European Union, things have changed and it really is time to start thinking about browsers in a more constructive way.
The landscape has seen a considerable shift since then- Chrome is now the dominant browser, in terms of market share, followed by Safari in a distant second place, and then Firefox, according to both StatCounter and Net Applications.
While numerous users these days either use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, some firms still depend on Internet Explorer for web apps that have been built using the old infrastructure. In the United Kingdom for instance, 5.5% of consumers still have Internet Explorer as their main browser.
He added that it's generally OK for people to use Internet Explorer in an enterprise environment, but they would better protect themselves if they switch to a newer browser.
Jackson said that developers now no longer test on the legacy Web browser, but instead use "modern browsers". "More effort on the part of IT teams was required to get to standards mode, which made "getting modern" an opt-in choice".
"If we continued our previous approach, you would end up in a scenario where, by optimizing for the things you have, you end up not being able to use new apps as they come out", Jackson says.
- Knicks waive Wesley Matthews, Enes Kanter
- Durant blasts media's treatment of him, tells reporters to 'grow up'
- Pope says priests kept nuns as sex slaves
- 'The Division 2' Private Beta Is Available Now
- Facebook To Appeal German Privacy Ruling
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game
- Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Revealed In Chicago
- 'Fortnite' Valentine's Day Event, Share the Love, Is Now Live
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Jaguar Land Rover owner records $4 billion loss, driving share price down