"The only category they can manage to fit me in is in a rap category, maybe because I've rapped in the past or because I'm black". Alicia Keys, a five-time Grammy victor, will be hosting the event in Los Angeles for the first time in her career. "As much as I'm nominated, I would not be anything without the village of women who are walking into their truth", she said. "I can pull together a performance overnight and you know that, Ken".
Who is hosting the 2019 Grammy Awards? .
Sunday's ceremony, hosted by songstress Alicia Keys, will feature performances by Gaga, Cardi B, Carlile and Monae. She has won 15 Grammys in her career.
DirecTV Now will also live stream the award show.
Grande added that she had offered to perform three different songs, but that the process, which she wrote should be "about art and honesty", wound up feeling like a game: "that's not what music is to me", she concluded.
Among the group are current Grammy nominees Kelsea Ballerini, who's up for best country album, as well as best new artist nominee Luke Combs and Leon Bridges, nominated for two awards, including best R&B album.
Keys announced that she'd be hosting the show in a video posted to her YouTube channel.
"Congratulations", he said. "But you could have waited till I got dressed".
Drake and Lamar are both nominated for multiple Grammys, including Album of the Year.
ET Canada has reached out to the Grammys committee for a comment. Also teaming up for performances throughout the night are St. Vincent and Dua Lipa as well as Mark Ronson and Lady Gaga.
In the same interview, Ehrlich also revealed that he offered a Grammy performance spot to Drake.
Grammy winners Yolanda Adams, Fantasia and past Grammy nominee Andra Day will honor the legendary Aretha Franklin.
It's been an exceptionally tiring few months for the entertainment world, between fervent backlash to the Super Bowl halftime show lineup and the hullabaloo over who would host the Oscars (no one), how many nominations polarizing films Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody would receive (five each), how many original song nominees would be performing live (all of them, apparently thanks to Lady Gaga) and, well. we could go on.
- Pope says priests kept nuns as sex slaves
- Death toll rises to 11 in Istanbul apartment collapse
- Apex Legends: How to Fix Party Not Ready Issue & What It Is
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Knicks waive Wesley Matthews, Enes Kanter
- U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren enters 2020 presidential race
- Microsoft brings AI-powered background blurring to Skype
- Senate Judiciary Committee Approves William Barr’s Attorney General Nomination
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game
- New England Patriots: 3 reasons team will win Super Bowl LIV