Eurovision superfan Mel Giedroyc and the victor of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, Mans Zelmerlow, host live from MediaCityUK in Salford as the show comes from the north west of England for the very first time.
The night was full of impressive performances, but the singer who ultimately claimed the title of Australia's Next Top Eurovision Hope was 37-year-old Kate Miller-Heidke.
The electronic duo Electric Fields came second place with 114 points with their song 2000 and Whatever.
Australia has spoken - and Kate Miller Heidke will represent them at Eurovision Song Contest.
Miller-Heidke won 135 points overall, topping both the audience vote with 87 points and the jury vote with 48 points. "Thanks to everyone who voted, and to all the other artists who provided such a brilliant, eclectic and stiff competition", she said.
The classically trained veteran singer-songwriter, who has been recognised on the pop charts and on the opera stage, beat nine other contenders to be chosen as Australia's Eurovision representative.
Her winning song, 'Zero Gravity, ' is about post-natal depression.
"Kate's performance tonight was quite simply breathtaking and the response from the Australian public has been overwhelming", he said. "All of us here at SBS are so thrilled that the whole country has embraced this truly diverse and inclusive show and I know that Eurovision fans will adore Kate as much as we do when we get to Tel Aviv in May!"
Rice, who won BBC One's singing competition All Together Now's £50,000 prize previous year, added that his track "might just be a ballad but that song's got a big message and I can't wait to perform it and show the rest of the world what this song's all about".
Eurovision 2019 will be held in Tel Aviv on May 18.
It will be the 64th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest.
"It's a standout song with mesmerising staging, Kate is a total original and Eurovision will love her".
Australia competing in Eurovision started with Guy Sebastian in 2015, followed by Dami Im, Isaiah and Jess Mauboy.
- House Democrats Divided On Strategy To Force Release Of Trump's Tax Returns
- Prince Philip Gives Up His Driver's Licence
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Measles Outbreak Declared in Philippine Capital, Nearby Areas
- Whittaker out of title defence at UFC 234
- Facebook To Appeal German Privacy Ruling
- Trump, Xi Unlikely To Meet Before March 1 Trade Deadline: U.S
- Italy denies it will ban Huawei, ZTE from its 5G plans
- Durant blasts media's treatment of him, tells reporters to 'grow up'
- Senate Judiciary Committee Approves William Barr’s Attorney General Nomination