Mr Kurum, said they are still working to reach possible more survivors, but would not say how many more people are believed to be trapped inside the wreckage.
Four of the 13 people rescued are listed in critical condition, Anadolu reported.
The death toll from the collapse of a seven-story building in Istanbul has risen to 11 after another body was recovered, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said Thursday.
It came several hours after a nine-year-old boy was also rescued from the debris.
"All our prayers, all our hearts are with them", the governor said concerning the people who may still be trapped inside.
"We will work without interruption until the search and rescue operation is complete", Yerlikaya, the governor, told reporters.
Cevizli local headman Memiş Dikilitaş told Turkish broadcaster NTV that there was no explosion before the collapse, noting that the building, which was old, collapsed on its own.
A total of 43 people lived in the fallen building located in the Kartal district on the Asian side of Istanbul, according to the Hurriyet daily.
Security camera footage broadcast on HaberTurk television showed several people, including schoolchildren with backpacks, running away from the site as the building tumbled down and a cloud of dust engulfed the area about 4 pm.
As she was placed in an ambulance, a person in the crowd chanted "God is great" before the child was taken to hospital.
"It was built in 1992 as a five-story building but three more stories were added later illegally", he said.
Rescuers carry an injured woman on a stretcher from the site of a collapsed building in Kartal district of Istanbul, Turkey.
He added that a textile workshop on the ground floor was operating without a licence.
- Oilers fire GM Chiarelli
- Measles Outbreak Declared in Philippine Capital, Nearby Areas
- USA: Tulsi Gabbard kicks off presidential campaign
- New England Patriots: 3 reasons team will win Super Bowl LIV
- Whittaker out of title defence at UFC 234
- Backed Syrian force announces 'final battle' against IS
- Prince Philip Gives Up His Driver's Licence
- Amazon exploring potential alternatives to New York HQ
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Knicks waive Wesley Matthews, Enes Kanter