The article points out the hip-hop community's lack of representation and acknowledgement in the major song and album categories throughout the years.
Women are also hoping to get their due after the head of the Recording Academy - which includes more than 13,000 music professionals - told them past year to "step up" if they wanted to do better on Grammys night. The Soweto Gospel Choir has received five Grammy nominations and won two over the last couple of years.
The live ceremony in Los Angeles could see Cardi B take home her first ever Grammy and potentially become the first rapper since 2004 to win the coveted album of the year award for her "Invasion of Privacy". Critics may carp about the Grammy Awards themselves going to bland, middle-of-the-road acts instead of trailblazers, but Grammy red carpet fashion is usually wilder and more fun to gawk at then the self-consciously chic finery stars sport to the Golden Globes, Oscars, Emmys and more.
Also nominated three times this year, Scott is up for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song for "Sicko Mode" as well as Best Rap Album for Astroworld.
The Recording Academy has made an effort to diversify its membership amid complaints that the Grammys are not an even playing field for minority and women artists. "I've kept my mouth shut but now you're lying about me", Grande tweeted following an Associated Press interview where Erhlich said that she "felt it was too late for her to pull something together".
While Swift is away filming in London, Grande won't be attending or performing after a disagreement with the show's producer Ken Ehrlich.
"It was when my creativity & self expression was stifled by you, that i decided not to attend. i hope the show is exactly what you want it to be and more", she continued.
"And I feel like it's a time in this country when women need to support each other and their decisions".
Streaming Information: The Recording Academy and CBS have named Facebook as the exclusive social platform to stream the official "Grammys: Live From the Red Carpet" show. "And I am not hung up on what happens or doesn't happen", she said. In what is sure to be a Grammy moment to remember, Yolanda Adams, Fantasia, and Andra Day will honor the legendary Aretha Franklin.
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- 'Fortnite' Valentine's Day Event, Share the Love, Is Now Live
- Krunal Pandya destroys Kiwis, as India win second T20!
- Death toll rises to 11 in Istanbul apartment collapse
- PSG's Cavani doubtful for Man United game
- Trump, Xi Unlikely To Meet Before March 1 Trade Deadline: U.S
- Prince Philip Gives Up His Driver's Licence
- Virginia lieutenant governor on sexual assault allegations: 'The interactions were consensual'
- Samsung S10e in Canary Yellow is bright, so very bright
- Paul Pogba Gave His Shirt To A Fan Following Win Over Fulham