Gasol was named to three All-Star teams and helped lead the club to its first and only conference finals appearance during the 2012-13 season.
The Memphis Grizzlies were expected to make waves ahead of the National Basketball Association trade deadline, and roughly one hour before the final buzzer, they did just that. Memphis discussed trades with multiple teams, but chose to keep its franchise point guard. The team values him as a mentor for rookie Jaren Jackson Jr., and Conley was not eager to be dealt, a separate ESPN report added. He spent 11 seasons with the Grizzlies and is the franchise's all-time leader in points, rebounds, blocks and made field goals.
Wright, who was selected 20th overall by the Raptors in the 2015 draft, is averaging 6.9 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game this year.
Jonas Valanciunas had been sidelined since December 12 (Dec. 13, PHL time) with a dislocated left thumb.
While averaging just under 19 minutes a game this season, Valanciunas, 26, has posted a career-high 12.8 points per game, and pulls down 7.2 rebounds per contest.
The Raptors also traded centre Greg Monroe and a second-round pick in 2021 to the Brooklyn Nets, who are reportedly planning to waive the ninth-year veteran. That was years ago, but he still knows how to play the game in effective fashion. Valanciunas and Miles have player options, and Wright will become a restricted free agent.
- Second woman accuses Va. lieutenant governor of sexual assault
- Mired in political scandal, Virginia looks to Black Caucus for leadership
- Drivers warned to slow down as Storm Erik hits Donegal
- Maurizio Sarri says Chelsea's Gonzalo Higuain is about more than goals
- 2018 fourth hottest year on record NASA
- Cheers, jeers on border as Trump pushes wall in State of Union
- Albert Finney Dead at 82
- Apple finally releases update to prevent FaceTime eavesdropping
- Princess Steps Into Thailand's Tense Political Fray
- Russia Jails Extremist Jehovah's Witness For 6 Years