In true Ariana fashion, the 12-track album is sprinkled with fun facts on how some of her songs were made, like "Ghostin", for example, was the first song she wrote, and it also took her the longest. Yet, there's still a refreshing acknowledgement of less self-assured moments, and Grande refuses to ever paint these instances as weakness. He claimed she'd pulled out because she felt it was too late to pull a show together; she accused him of lying, insisting it was because he'd "stifled her creativity & self expression". Some were shook, some understood but then Ari drops her album and, honey, let me tell you that it's got me feel all type of ways. Having befriended the couple, they invite her to a house party and she shows up having ditched her blonde hair in favor of a black, tightly-pulled ponytail that makes her look exactly like her love interest's new girlfriend. It is just a game y'all. and I am sorry, but that is not what music is to me'.
Shortly after AP published the interview on Thursday, Grande took to social media to present her side of the story.
"The fact of the matter is, we continue to have a problem in the hip-hop world", the longtime producer of the show said. If you believe the rumors, the pop star apparently felt "insulted" after the Grammys production team did not allow her to perform her new hit, "7 rings".
Grande's Sweetener is nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album. However, Variety reports that Grande initially offered to perform "7 rings", which was turned down by the Academy. They apparently eventually agreed to the song choice, but requested it be part of a medley where they could choose the second song.
- Russia Jails Extremist Jehovah's Witness For 6 Years
- Trump praises Karen Pence at National Prayer Breakfast
- France recalls ambassador to Italy as diplomatic row deepens
- Drivers warned to slow down as Storm Erik hits Donegal
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20
- 2018 fourth hottest year on record NASA
- Albert Finney Dead at 82
- Ten dead in fire at football club ground in Brazil
- Second woman accuses Va. lieutenant governor of sexual assault
- Whitaker: I Won't Testify Unless Dems Drop Subpoena Threat