He was cleared of the charges, first leveled by his then-partner Mia Farrow, after two separate months-long investigations, and has steadfastly denied the abuse. "There simply was no legitimate ground for Amazon to renege on its promises".
A Rainy Day in NY stars Timothee Chalamet, Diego Luna, Elle Fanning, Jude Law, Selena Gomez and Liev Schreiber. Allen is accusing them of cutting ties with him due to allegations made against him in the past.
The romantic comedy, which follows a couple over a weekend in New York City, includes Jude Law, Diego Luna and Liev Schreiber in the cast.
Allen alleges that Amazon is no longer releasing A Rainy Day in NY, which stars Timothée Chalamet, Selena Gomez and Elle Fanning, although the film has been completed for over six months and he spent over $20 million to create it. Allen claimed that the company did not provide concrete reasons for ending the arrangement.
After Allen already finished the film A Rainy Day in NY, starring Jude Law, Selena Gomez, and others, "Amazon Content simply refused to make its guaranteed payment and purported to terminate the Allen Film Agreements in their entirety". The plan, he says, was to make four movies for Amazon. As the #metoo movement continued to gain steam, Amazon executives allegedly met with Allen's team in late 2017 to discuss the negative publicity and reputation issues Amazon Studios faced due to its association with Harvey Weinstein and the departure of its leader Roy Price amid accusations of sexual harassment.
"Amazon can not continue in business with Mr. Allen", Amazon Studios associate general counsel Ajay Patel wrote in a June 19 email. The studio previously released his films Cafe Society and Wonder Wheel, along with his first TV series, Crisis in Six Scenes.
According to the suit, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Allen-the decades-spanning director of such hits as Annie Hall and Midnight in Paris-signed a series of lucrative deals with the company in 2014, just as Amazon was ramping up its slate of original productions.
But Allen's own public image had also suffered potentially career-ending damage. "Amazon has tried to excuse its action by referencing a 25-year old, baseless allegation against Mr. Allen", notes the lawsuit, which is seeking at least $68 million.
Allen's suit was filed in the Southern District of NY.
The BBC contacted Amazon Studios for comment, but did not receive an immediate reply.
- Canada could see large amount of measles outbreaks, health experts warn
- Suarez pushing for Arsenal start after impressing Emery
- Bucks’ Giannis selects teammate Middleton for NBA All-Star roster
- Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal: What's in it
- Officials confirm 3 more measles cases in Portland area
- Anthony Davis' Father Urges Him Not To Join Boston Celtics
- Technical Issues Affecting Wells Fargo Customers
- Australia not to rush return of Steve Smith and David Warner
- Bradley Cooper Discusses Oscars Snub: "I Was Embarrassed"
- National Basketball Association deadline day rumors: Pelicans send Mirotic to Milwaukee