The Pistons are reportedly finalizing a trade to send Stanley Johnson to the Milwaukee Bucks for Thon Maker, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports. According to Marc Stein of the New York Times the Pelicans will receive four draft selections in the deal. The team has placed an emphasis on three-point shooting this year with the addition of new head coach Mike Budenholzer, and Mirotic should certainly provide some reinforcements in that regard - he's taking 7.2 per game and knocking down almost 37 percent of them.
Johnson will slot into Milwaukee's depth chart behind All-Star Khris Middleton at the small forward position and likely battle for minutes with Tony Snell, while Maker will try to supplant veteran Zaza Pachulia as Detroit's backup center behind Andre Drummond.
Through 48 games played with the Pistons this year, a lot of them coming off the bench, Johnson has averaged 7.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per game, while shooting 38 per cent from the field.
On the other hand Thon Maker arrives from league's leader Milwaukee Bucks, and we can say he wasn't really happy there.
This season, Johnson had been playing with the second unit. The Bucks came into day with the best record in the East at 39-13 and the 76ers (34-20) sit six games back in fifth. His per-36 minute numbers, for his career and this season (14.4 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks), point to Maker's inherent (and to this point untapped) upside. He was traded from the Washington Wizards in early December.
The Bucks and Maker's camp are actively working to find a new home for 2016's No. 10 overall draft pick.
- Uganda Adds Curvy, Sexy Women On List Of Tourism Attractions
- Frank Robinson, Former San Francisco Giants Manager, Dies At 83
- Nick Foles pays the Eagles $2M buyout payment via cashiers check
- Officials confirm 3 more measles cases in Portland area
- Apple finally releases update to prevent FaceTime eavesdropping
- Mickelson 1 stroke back after career day at Pebble Beach Pro
- Drivers warned to slow down as Storm Erik hits Donegal
- Korean boy band BTS to appear at Grammy Awards
- National Basketball Association deadline day rumors: Pelicans send Mirotic to Milwaukee
- Joy Behar reveals her own blackface photo on 'The View'