There are no two ways about it - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign as Manchester United caretaker manager has been nothing short of exceptional thus far. "We must be concentrated and strong, positive to show our personality during the game".
Lingard has been one of several players to benefit from the arrival of Solskjaer.
Solskjaer replaced Jose Mourinho in December and has guided United to seven wins and a draw in the Premier League to make a compelling case for his appointment ahead of early bookmakers' favourite Pochettino.
Claudio Ranieri does not think Fulham's upcoming clash with Manchester United is a foregone conclusion, pointing out the Red Devils' unbeaten run must end at some point.
Rooney was the embodiment of Sam Allardyce's stodgy Everton era; a slow-paced player for a side who needs more dynamism than that.
With victories in nine of those games, fifth-placed United have surged back into the race to qualify for next season's Champions League via a top-four finish.
The calming and edifying presence of Solskjaer has worked wonders for a kid who, under Mourinho, looked petrified in the box a lot of the time, clearly conscious of the retribution in store for him from his former manager.
Solskjaer's side face Fulham in the league on Saturday.
Lingard lifted the lid on how the Manchester United pair have been setting each other targets in games.
The Mirror suggest that United's executives are growing increasingly pessimistic about the possibility of snaring Mauricio Pochettino from Tottenham, with the Argentinian conveying mixed messages after pledging his loyalty to Spurs, whilst simultaneously stating his desire to compete for silverware on a regular basis.
This means that the Norwegian has the upper hand when it comes to the inner workings of the club, meaning that he could get on with things straight away when he took over from Mourinho.
Molde managing director Oystein Neerland told Sportsmail last month that there is no agreement beyond May 12 for Solskjaer to remain at United. He was a fantastic player.
- Thailand tells Australia and Bahrain to cooperate over Hakeem al-Araibi
- Frozen cat survives after being found unresponsive in Montana snow bank
- Rick Zamperin: Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri is going all in
- Amazon's Bezos says National Enquirer tried to blackmail him over 'intimate photos'
- Suarez pushing for Arsenal start after impressing Emery
- Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal: What's in it
- Wizards sending Porter Jr. to Bulls for Parker, Portis
- Bucks’ Giannis selects teammate Middleton for NBA All-Star roster
- Sixers trading Fultz to the Magic
- Mickelson 1 stroke back after career day at Pebble Beach Pro