For while the auto proudly sports the logo of Rich Energy, the British energy drink, nobody seems to have ever tasted the stuff, far less bought it, leaving many wondering how a product that doesn't appear widely available can access the sort of money needed to sponsor an F1 team. Storey, donning a purple blazer for launch day, was centre stage, drawing cheers from the attendees that packed the club's hallway balcony overlooking the new auto when he was introduced ahead of the unveil.
The new Haas livery has been revealed and the drivers and the team seem very happy with the looks of the auto.
Rich Energy CEO William Storey wants Haas to challenge Red Bull on the track while his own brand takes on the energy drink giant outside of Formula 1. We're pleased to see their colours on the VF-19, we welcome them as they join our valued partner group in utilising Formula One as a global marketing platform. "If you have no targets you never achieve anything", he said.
Steiner added: "I have confidence again we have got a solid vehicle and I don't see anything bad coming for us". "I'm pretty confident that we will be OK, but OK can mean a lot of things".
Former champions Renault, who pipped Haas to fourth, McLaren and Williams are all targeting improved campaigns and Magnussen added: "Renault were strong last season, beat us to fourth, and they haven't been sleeping over the winter so are going to be very strong again this year".
"They've got the best business model in the sport, they are uniquely positioned to exploit regulation changes. They're run in a very, very unpretentious fashion, they're proper racers, Gene Haas is a wonderful businessman who is approaching motor racing in the right way, they have a brilliant team principal and they've got two drivers with personality, which I think is superb".
This is despite the actual season still not getting underway until mid-March - so at least it gives the fans something to get excited about.
- Home and auto loans to be cheaper as RBI cuts rates
- Rejoice! Unicode Introduces New Emoji - Like a Wheelchair! And Garlic!
- Raiders in talks with Giants over sharing stadium
- Canada could see large amount of measles outbreaks, health experts warn
- Rockets Acquire Iman Shumpert, Kings Get Alec Burks In Three-Way Trade
- Spotify Acquires Gimlet Media, Anchor in Podcast Push
- Barcelona face Real Madrid in Copa del Rey semifinal
- Women's brain 3 years younger than men's
- British IS hostage John Cantlie believed to be alive
- Wizards sending Porter Jr. to Bulls for Parker, Portis