Fluffy's owners rushed her to a nearby animal clinic after they found outside.
It was not clear how long the cat had been there, but the temperature that afternoon in Kalispell was just below freezing.
Dr. Jevon Clark of the Animal Clinic of Kalispell said Thursday that Fluffy was unresponsive and her body temperature didn't register on the clinic's thermometers when her owners brought her in a week earlier.
Fluffy was then taken to an emergency clinic as her temperature remained dangerously low, but Clark said she had returned to normal by that evening.
I'm not sure if this was Fluffy's attempt at being cast in the adaptation of Stephen King's animal horror, Pet Sematary, but if anything it's a ideal example of why we should be taking care of our pets, and other wildlife, during periods of extreme weather.
The clinic believes that Fluffy may have gotten some kind of injury in the snow, resulting in her not being able to make it to a safe shelter in time before her temperature dropped too low for her to move.
"These crabby cats are survivors", Clark said.
The animal clinic posted before and after pictures of Fluffy's unexpected recovery with this final sentence: "Fluffy is unbelievable!"
Fluffy immediately after her thaw.
The owners did not want to be identified.
A picture of Fluffy next to a heater after she was brought to the Animal Clinic of Kalispell, Montana, by her owners.
"I suspect that something traumatic happened", Clark said. Some clients found their injured cat buried in snow.
Dr Clark said Fluffy was three years old and had always lived outdoors.
- Duchess of Sussex begs dad to 'stop victimising' her through media
- Worldwide oil prices dip as United States crude inventories rise
- Haas unveil new 2019 VF-19 auto for 2019 F1 season
- British IS hostage John Cantlie believed to be alive
- Wizards sending Porter Jr. to Bulls for Parker, Portis
- Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal: What's in it
- Prosecutors subpoena documents from Trump's inaugural committee
- Whoopi Goldberg defends Liam Neeson's race comments on The View
- Spotify Acquires Gimlet Media, Anchor in Podcast Push
- Barcelona face Real Madrid in Copa del Rey semifinal