Joking about Christopher Plummer replacing Kevin Spacey in All The Money In The World in the wake of the latter being accused of shocking sex abuse, a third person wrote: "I guess Sony pictures will soon be hiring Christopher Plummer to replace Liam Neeson in the upcoming Men In Black reboot".
In this photo, taken on September 13, 2016, actor Liam Neeson poses for photographers upon his arrival at the premiere of the film "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" in London. On Twitter he says, "When I was a 19-year-old undergraduate in college some friends suggested we attend a party dressed like rappers".
Neeson said he had asked about the race of the attacker, along with other descriptive characteristics, before heading out into black neighbourhoods on multiple occasions "looking to be set upon so that I could unleash physical violence".
Following this Barnes appeared on ITV's This Morning arguing that Neeson has a "racial bias" rather than actually holding racist views himself.
"I did seek help, I went to a priest who heard my confession".
Neeson said no violence occurred.
"It shocked me and it hurt me ..." "You sometimes just scratch the surface and you discover this racism and bigotry and it's there".
"It took me a week, maybe a week and a half, to go through that", Neeson said. He said he would have been looking for a white man if his friend had identified her attacker as white. Why do you think that unlike Grace [Neeson's character's wife in the film], he's unable to do the internal work of moving on and taking that distance that she does? When she came back she told me about this and she handled the situation herself with incredible bravery, I have to say that.
Despite attempting to set the record straight, many people on social media and beyond were still shocked with the actor's original reveal. Roberts asked Neeson on Tuesday.
"Usually I dedicate this next song to Donald Trump, but today I feel more disgusted by Liam Neeson so this song is dedicated to him", she told her fans.
She said that in the days that followed, she reached out to Neeson's team for a follow-up interview, but was denied.
- Prosecutors subpoena documents from Trump's inaugural committee
- Spotify Acquires Gimlet Media, Anchor in Podcast Push
- European Union to grab biggest share from US-China trade war
- Elizabeth Warren registered for bar as 'Native American'
- Home and auto loans to be cheaper as RBI cuts rates
- Somali security forces kill 40 militants in southern region
- Ariana Grande reportedly pulls out of Grammys ceremony over performance disagreement
- LeBron James didn't like how Harrison Barnes trade went down
- Kuwait sees risk of oil supply shortage in 2019 due to Venezuela
- Saturday's top 25 roundup: N.C