However, their most revealing insight concerned her relationship with her father, a former Hollywood lighting director who split from Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland, when she was two.
Onto her rumoured feud with sister-in-law Kate Middleton, which her friends of course say it is "untrue" and that all the reporting about it has "upset Meghan".
The five anonymous pals spoke to a magazine in a bid to "speak the truth" about the Duchess of Sussex, dismissing recent criticism of her and claiming that she has "no relationship" with her half siblings.
Speaking to People's magazine, Meghan's friends have broken their silence on how life is for the Duchess of late.
The friend adds, "I said, 'People think when you come out of the auto that you went through some metaphorical reverse vehicle wash".
"It's wrong to put anyone under this level of emotional trauma, let alone when they're pregnant", the friend added. "And at the same time, because she's a daughter, she has a lot of sympathy for him". "Meg asked him to stop victimising her through the media and talk to her, not them". Every time her team has to come to her and fact-check something [he has said], it's like an arrow to the heart'. The next morning when the auto got there [to take him to the airport], he wouldn't get in. She was hearing about her father's condition, his heart attack, through the tabloids.
They describe Meghan as being the most caring friend. It was like, 'Please pick up.
Dad, I'm so heartbroken.
While the full article is in the magazine itself (and I'm flying to Hawaii later today so you best BELIEVE I'm buying it the second I land), People's site has some choice quotes, while United States breakfast show Good Morning America also reported on some of the interview.
Renovations are now in progress at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, where the couple will move before the birth.
The confidante explains that Meghan and Prince Harry's Kensington Palace home of Nottingham Cottage, where the couple have lived since their engagement, is "small" and "cozy" - and doesn't come with the staff outsiders may expect from a royal household.
She added, "It was raining and muddy outside, so the dogs got all dirty, and she's wiping them off with towels".
- Ariana Grande reportedly pulls out of Grammys ceremony over performance disagreement
- LeBron James didn't like how Harrison Barnes trade went down
- New Zealand vs India - Highlights & Stats
- Elizabeth Warren registered for bar as 'Native American'
- British IS hostage John Cantlie believed to be alive
- A new 'Titanfall' game is in development
- Prosecutors subpoena documents from Trump's inaugural committee
- Knicks trade Kristaps Porzingis to Mavericks
- Somali security forces kill 40 militants in southern region
- MLB Free Agent Rumors: Giants Meet With Bryce Harper