The draw made on Friday means there will be back-to-back Clasicos, with the second leg due to take place in the last week of February, before Madrid host Barca in La Liga on March 2.
"We'll put out the best team we can to win [against Valencia]".
Madrid beat Barca in the final in 2014 as mentioned, and also in 2011, the last two finals lost by Barca, both at Mestalla.
Barcelona are 10 points clear of Madrid in La Liga and will be favourites to progress but their opponents have found form in recent weeks, winning six of their last seven matches.
They face fifth-place Alaves in La Liga at Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday before their trip to Catalunya for the first leg of their Copa Clasico double-header.
"To win a very good team, which plays very well, which has a different system than most of the teams, we had to be serious and solid and the team came out concentrated", the Argentine said, via AS.
The last time the two rivals met, Barca inflicted a humiliating 5-1 defeat on Real which led to the exit of manager Julen Lopetegui.
They will now face one of Real Betis, Valencia or Barcelona in a two-legged affair next week and in the final week of February in their bid to make it to the final.
Barcelona's Copa del Rey title defence will continue with a last-four Clasico clash with rivals Real Madrid.
The Whites' potential opposition for this round are Valencia, Betis and Barcelona. Let us take a look at the player ratings for Madrid.
Betis will have special motivation to reach the final after it was confirmed by the Spanish Football Federation earlier this week that the Benito Villamarin will be the venue for this season's final on May 25.
"We are delighted with him for how he manages the squad and that is important because there are times when it is not easy to live with so many players of that level and that everyone is happy".
- Don´t send me to Bahrain´: refugee footballer pleads in Bangkok
- Nantes launch legal action against Cardiff City for Emiliano Sala transfer fee
- James set to return for Lakers versus Pacers
- Modern Family to end next year after 11 seasons
- Iraqis call for United States troops to be expelled after Trump's remarks
- New Zealand vs India - Highlights & Stats
- Seas will change colour as climate heats up
- Obesity-Linked Cancers On the Rise in Young Adults
- European Union to grab biggest share from US-China trade war
- EU's Tusk rebuffs May, says Brexiteers deserve a place in hell